Licensed Vocational Nurse - Urgent Care
Company: Gonzaba Medical Group
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 15, 2019
- Obtains, verifies, and records health history of patients. Gathers pertinent health data through physical assessments and biological samples. Collects specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Provides basic patient care as ordered. Administers medications and treatments as directed. Assists other health care professionals in performing exams, diagnostic procedures and treatments, and minor medical procedures. Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and confidentiality policies.
- Documents assessments, interventions, patient/family responses, medication dispensed/prescribed, and test results in medical records.
- Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials, communicating physician advice/instructions.
- Provides leadership, directions and support to medical assistants and LVN's on the issues outpatient care, medications, or scheduling.
- Starts IVs and assist with other patient procedures as requested by doctors.
- Works independently, maintains schedule of patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Education:High school diploma. Must be a graduate of an accredited LVN program and possess a current Texas LVN license. Advanced cardiac life support certification preferred. Experience:Minimum one year of LVN experience; clinic experience preferred. Experience with performing Intravenous Therapy. Experience with an Electronic Medical Record Other Requirements:Must possess a current CPR certification with AED and current health records with the appropriate immunizations to work in the health care field (hepatitis B and tuberculosis). Equipment Operated:Phone, computer, medical charts, stethoscope, echocardiography (EKG) machine, ear-washing instruments, blood pressure cuff, speculums, and other nursing items. May involve use of walkers, wheelchairs, pulse oximetry, and oxygen tanks. Work Environment:Medical exam and treatment rooms and medical offices. Environmental setting (lighting, temperature, air quality, and acoustics) controlled. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, biohazards, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinic setting. Mental/Physical Requirements:Occasional exposure to communicable diseases and biohazards. Daily standing, squatting, walking, bending, and maneuvering. May require lifting up to 50 pounds to transfer/turn patient with/without assistive devices. Stress can be triggered by workload and difficult patients. Employee Exposure Determination: Category I: Jobs with tasks that routinely involve exposure or potential exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues.
Keywords: Gonzaba Medical Group, San Antonio , Licensed Vocational Nurse - Urgent Care, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!