Registered Nurse (RN) - Resource Float Pool Staff - PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Job Code: 02531-89911
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 981 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog s Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Come join the resource Float Pool Unit
Floating required to at least two or more specialties within one facility
Ideal candidate preferably to have floating experience
Minimum shifts per month are 5 Shifts in order to remain active as a Float Pool RN
As a professional Registered Nurse (RN) at Methodist, you would serve as an advocate for the patient and their family. We are looking for RNs who have a passion for serving humanity and want to deliver exceptional care to those they serve.
WE OFFER YOU A GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING:
* Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Discount Program
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Student Loan Repayment
CRITICAL FACTORS TO YOUR SUCCESS INCLUDE:
* Consistently applying the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients
* Collaborating with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes
* Communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities
* Demonstrating team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team
* Accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and promoting a positive image of nursing
* You should be a graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program. If you have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or certification in your specialty area you will be considered more highly qualified and eligible for our RN IV position.
* You should possess your RN License to practice as a professional RN in the state of Texas or an Active Multi-State RN Compact License. If you have a Compact License you will be required to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire.
* You should have a current BLS Certification
* You should have more than 6 months of clinical experience as a licensed RN
If you find this opportunity to improve the lives of our patients compelling, we encourage you to apply and learn more about how we can work together in Serving Humanity to Honor God .
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 01/11/2019
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, San Antonio , Registered Nurse (RN) - Resource Float Pool Staff - PRN, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!