Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Generalist opening in San Antonio, Texas. This and other medical lab technician jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Neurology Technician job in San Antonio, Texas. The Neurology Technician job is a civilian position within the military medical system supporting the military and their families.Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.Full-time hours (40) Fantastic PTO accrual rateCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)Neurology Technician Job Overview:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize and provide agespecific care in the treatment, assessment and education of, pediatric (six (6)months and above), adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Program montages on sleep acquisition systems; troubleshoot acquisition andscoring program issues.
- Address environmental, equipment and engineering issues that affect patient caredelivery; determine appropriate course of action including test cancellations andinitiating system changes.
- Conduct and score all types of sleep studies including, but not limited to,overnight polysomnography (multiple montages), MSLT, MWT, CPAP, Bi-level,ASV, iVAPS/AVAPs titration, off-label therapies, novel therapies, supplementalO2 titration, pH monitoring, and portable sleep studies.
- Perform end-tidal and transcutaneous CO2 monitoring and some ventilatormanagement.
- Performs test and accurately transcribes and prepares data for physicianinterpretations.
- Prepare and calibrate equipment required for testing to determine properfunctioning and make adjustments if necessary.
- Apply electrodes and sensors according to accepted standards. Performappropriate physiologic calibrations to ensure proper signals and makeadjustments if necessary.
- Perform positive airway pressure (PAP) mask fitting.
- Must conduct and score actigraphy sleep studies
- Can adjust settings on all types of devices for the treatment of sleep-relatedbreathing disorders to include (but not limited to): auto-titrating positive airwaypressure (APAP), CPAP, BiPAP, AVAPS/iVAPS, adaptive servo-ventilation(ASV), off-label therapies, and novel therapies.
- Obtains usage and adherence data and can make assessments regarding this dataon all types of devices used for the treatment of sleep-related breathing disorders.
- Assesses patient's usage/adherence to treatment for sleep-related breathing andmakes adjustments to enhance patient comfort, usage and treatment-relatedoutcomes.
- Provides patient education and counseling on full range of diagnostic sleeptesting, use of devices for sleep-related breathing disorders, sleep diagnoses andappropriate sleep practices.
- Perform monthly Inter-Scorer Reliability scoring and complete 10 CECs/year tomaintain American Academy of Sleep Medicine accreditation standardsNeurology Technician Job Qualifications:
- BLS by AHA
- Computer Competency
- General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
- All technologists and technicians conducting sleep testing who are not registered by the American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM), Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT), or National Boardfor Respiratory Care (NBRC):
- Must be enrolled in or have completed the A-STEP Online Self Study Modules within two (2) years of enrollment.ORMust have completed training in polysomnography in a programaccredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied HealthEducation Programs (CAAHEP) or a Commission onAccreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) program with the polysomnography option.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience within the last three (3) years conducting sleep studies in a patient care setting and a minimum of one (1) year of experience scoring sleep studies.
- If not a Registered Sleep Technologist (RST) at the time of hiring, the HCW will be required to obtain registration within two (2) years of hiring: either a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) through the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT), a Registered Sleep Technologist (RST) through the American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM), or a Registered Respiratory Therapist-Sleep Disorders Specialist (RRT-SDS) or Certified Respiratory Therapist-Sleep Disorders Specialist (CRT-SDS) through the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Position contingent on contract award with an April 2019 start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, San Antonio , Neurology Technician/Technologist, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!