Licensed Vocational Nurse
Company: Gonzaba Medical Group
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 19, 2019
. Provides direct patient care to patients and assists doctors as
needed. Starts IV's& administers IV medications when ordered.
Provides leadership, direction and support to medical assistants on
patient related issues.
Duties: All duties performed will be done accurately and in a
- Performs requested exams on patients.
- Performs patient teaching, medication administration, triages
walk-in patients and Triage calls when needed.
- Prepares the patient for each visit by obtaining the patient's
medical chart, taking vital signs, checking their blood pressure,
allergies and weight, and placing them in the exam room.
- Obtains and prepares patient charts for Physician, Physician
Assistant or Nurse Practitioner and assures proper paperwork is
- Obtains results from previous visit (lab, x-ray, consultation,
reports, CT) and assures they are on the chart for review by the
- Maintains urgent care schedule via the computer.
- Phone patients as needed regarding results, changes in
medication, dosage, and other information provided by the
physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner.
- Accurately and timely documents care provided to the
- Maintains neat and clean appearance of exam rooms, nurse's
station and work area to include washing/cleaning of
- Maintains adequate level of supplies; ensures disposal of
- Maintains cabinet with medical samples: categorization,
expiration dates, etc.
- Washes and cleans instrument by following proper sterilization
procedures after use in procedures.
- Participates in and provides assistance during code blue
situations as directed by the code blue team leader.
- Provides leadership, directions and support to medical
assistance and LVN's on the issues outpatient care, medications, or
- Assist different teams as necessary including performing the
duties of other personnel as needed.
- Inputs all patient information into the computer or scheduling
of appointments or updating information on insurance, phone numbers
- Starts IVs and assist with other patient procedures as
requested by doctors.
- Leads patient education classes including instruction on
diabetes, hypertension, cholestrol and weight loss, insulin
injection and glucometer teaching.
- Performs injections, dressing changes, blood sugar checks,
phlebotomy, EKG's, etc.
- Assists patient with follow up information after the completion
of their appointments.
- Cancels and reshedules appointments as needed.
- Adheres to all HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Exercise tact and courtesy when dealing with patients,
visitors, physicians and co-workers.
- Able to work efficiently under pressure.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Graduation from an approved practical
nursing program. Must be state-licensed practical nurse with a
minimum one year of LVN experience, clinic experience preferred.
Must be CPR and AED certified. Must keep all licenses and
certifications current and in good standing as initial and
continued employment is contingent up these credentials. Must have
knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology. Familiarity
with health care systems, regulations, policies and functions. Must
have a good understanding of documentation standards.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of Word Processing software, database
software, spreadsheet and Internet software
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory
Work Environment: Depending upon the area assigned, may be 100%
clinical setting or office setting in a clinical environment.
Exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances,
ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions
common to a clinic environment.
Physical Demands: Requires manual dexterity, sitting, standing,
stooping, reaching, kneeling, crouching, bending, walking, lifting
up to 40 lbs. Close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive
list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will
follow any other instructions, and perform any other related
duties, as assigned by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Keywords: Gonzaba Medical Group, San Antonio , Licensed Vocational Nurse, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!