Registered Nurse Surgical Inpatient Floor Seasonal
Company: Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hospital
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
--Winter Pool - Seasonal Position - October 2019
throughApril--2020--* Candidate must be able to work full time ( 36
Hrs. Min) forthe duration of the Winter Pool--* Full time Seasonal
employees will be eligible for a Monthly Housing Stipend through
the duration of the seasonal position.--* Current MHS employees are
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is licensed for 382
beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog---s Hospital
Safety Grade A. It receives international acclaim for its
outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant
programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist
Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant
Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed
the world---s first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three
consecutive days at a single hospital.
----Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation
as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the
American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault
Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual
assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model
for hospitals and agencies all over the world. For more
information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and
select Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital under
Locations.-- -- As a professional Registered Nurse (RN) at
Methodist, you would serve as an advocate for the patient and their
family. We are looking for RNs who have a passion for serving
humanity and want to deliver exceptional care to those they serve.
--Our Psych Unit offers:--
- A chance to work in a--dedicated 76 Bed Unit area within-- our
Specialty and Transplant Hospital.
- We are the largest Behavioral Health unit--In San Antonio.
- We have some of the lowest Turnover rate within our
- We have a culture of safety.
- We have primary care nursing as opposed to one charge nurse and
a medication nurse as many freestanding facilities.
- Our ratios are better, usually running 6-8 patients per nurse
with a dedicated tech on the floor.
- We have a streamlined BERT team to respond to codes for
aggression as well as security on site if needed. -- We offer you a
generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment --Critical factors to your success
- Consistently applying the nursing process, critical thinking
skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to
independently deliver safe nursing care to patients
- Collaborating with the patient care team to achieve quality
- Communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by
active engagement in unit and organizational activities
- Demonstrating team work, adaptability, and serving as a
resource to the patient care team
- Accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and
promoting a positive image of nursing --Qualifications Job
- You should be a graduate of an accredited diploma, associates,
or baccalaureate degree nursing program.--If you have a Bachelor of
Science in Nursing (BSN)--or certification in your specialty area
you will be considered more highly qualified and eligible for our
RN IV position.
- You should possess your RN License to practice as a
professional RN in the state of Texas or an Active Multi-State RN
Compact License. If you have a Compact License you will be required
to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire.
- You should have a current BLS Certification
- You should have more than 6 months of clinical experience as a
licensed RN--If you find this opportunity to improve the lives of
our patients compelling, we encourage you to apply and learn more
about how we can work together in ---Serving Humanity to Honor
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hospital, San Antonio , Registered Nurse Surgical Inpatient Floor Seasonal, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!