RN IV Charge Nurse ICU Step Down FT Nights
Company: Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Methodist StoneOak Hospital Updated Jan 2019Opening in March 2009,
Methodist Stone Oak Hospitalcontinues to grow and build on our
reputation as a hospital where high-tech andhigh-touch come
together. Ours is a beautiful, streamlined,
energy-efficient,patient-focused health care facility equipped with
the most modern technologyavailable and staffed by people who
genuinely care for the well-being ofothers. The hospital s services
include emergency care, general surgery,obstetrics and gynecology,
neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics,and acute rehab
services. In November 2017 the hospital expanded by more
than100,000 square feet and increased our licensed beds to
242.Methodist Stone Oak Hospital is accredited by the
JointCommission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited
Chest Pain Center.The hospital belongs to the Texas Institute for
Robotic Surgery and has becomea leader in robotic surgeries with a
highly experienced team of surgeonsoffering this minimally invasive
option to patients. Methodist Stone OakHospital has been nationally
recognized by Leapfrog s Hospital Safety Grade Aand by Modern
Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work inHealthcare.
We have also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer
onKey Quality Measures and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and
#6 in theentire nation. Methodist Stone Oak is 1 of only 102
hospitals to receiveMedicare.gov s 5-star rating out of thousands
of hospitals. For moreinformation, please visit our website at and
select Methodist Stone Oak Hospital under Locations.
The Registered Charge Nurse IV has advanced leadership skills and
is responsible for the coordination of unit operations during a
particular shift. In this leadership role, the RN Charge Nurse
promotes collaboration among all members of the team. The Charge
Nurse role models and promotes Methodist Excellence (ME) standards
of behavior while providing optimal patient care. Makes appropriate
patient care assignments and is accountable for the quality of
nursing care services delivered by self or others under their
direction; in accordance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act,
hospital policies, and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for
delegated nursing tasks (Chapter 224). Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates, directs, assesses, modifies, and formulates an
appropriate staff assignment plan.
- Serves as the primary decision maker for clinical operations
during a given shift and modifies staff assignment/mix according to
the changes in patient acuity and/or volume.
- Role models professional standards of behavior of the nursing
practice as evidenced by the nurse practice act.
- Serves as primary resource for the unit, to other nursing
personnel, physicians, and other members of the team. Ensures
evidence based care measures are followed and demonstrates
effective clinical leadership skills.
- Demonstrates successful conflict resolution skills.
- Consistently demonstrates ME standards of behavior and holds
staff accountable for the same. Additional Job Functions:
- Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare
- Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies
- Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical
behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the
- Serves as a mentor/preceptor for the unit and actively
participates in unit based meetings.
- Participates in interviewing and recruiting new personnel.
- Cross trains for other functions or positions to ensure
satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible
- Facilitates the promotion of teamwork.
- Assists in monitoring productivity, and identifies areas for
- Completes other duties as assigned.Qualifications EDUCATION
REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Required: Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or
baccalaureate degree nursing program.
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)Note:
Verification of high school graduation/GED is required for those
who completed nursing diploma programs.
- RN License to practice as a professional registered nurse in
the state of Texas. (required)
- Certification in area of specialty (preferred) EXPERIENCE:
All of the following:
1) One (1) year clinical experience as a licensed RN in the
specialty area of hire.
2) Approved for and maintains requirements of the MHS Nursing
Clinical Excellence program RN level IV.Notice Our Company s
recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your
career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During
the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking .For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option
1. Associated topics: cardiothoracic, ccu, intensive care unit,
mhb, nurse clinical, nurse rn, psychatric, recovery, staff nurse,
Keywords: Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, San Antonio , RN IV Charge Nurse ICU Step Down FT Nights, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!