Non-CDL Delivery Driver - Weekday Routes
Company: HD Supply
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Company Overview Pay is $16/hr & up. The Non-CDL Delivery Driver
Schertz, TX will provide excellent customer service while safely
making deliveries using a 16ft to 24ft box truck. Did you know that
HD Supply is one of the largest distribution companies in North
America? Our sweet spot is connecting maintenance and construction
products with businesses that need them. Our company size ($6
billion and growing) and culture allows our associates to learn and
grow in all kinds of ways. Our mission is to build our cities and
keep them running. Our Local Drivers get the goods our customers
need in order to make this happen. Shift: Monday-Friday, 7:00am
until route completion Location: 5755 Tri County Pkwy, Schertz, TX
78154 In this job, you'll do things like:
- Provide exceptional customer service as you safely drive, load,
and offload merchandise from 14ft-26ft box trucks
- Interact with customers and job site supervisors in a friendly
and professional way
- Perform routine inspections of vehicles and supplies to ensure
- Maintain accurate records and electronic logs of deliveries and
- Work independently, take initiative and solve problems Some
perks of this job include:
- Local Delivery Routes - Drivers are home nightly
- Monday-Friday Schedule - Weekends Off!
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits Eligibility after 90 days (Medical, Life, Dental,
Vision, 401k, PTO, and more!)
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth
Must-haves to apply for this job:
- At least 6 months of experience operating a 16ft-24ft Box Truck
with automatic transmission and air brakes
- Valid driver's license
- 21+ years of age due to insurance requirements
- Able to pass a drug test, driving record check, and DOT
- Able to do things like lift (up to 50lbs
- ), walk, move, bend, and twist throughout the day.
- Some items are heavier than 50lbs but a two-wheel dolly is
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently. Qualifications
that will give you an edge:
- Warehouse experience
- Forklift experience or certification
- Experience operating hand trucks, pallet trucks or similar
- Experience with computers and handheld devices Click "apply
now" so we can get to know you! Job Description & Qualifications
Job Summary Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to
all safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at
customer site. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Performs routine inspections of vehicles and supplies to ensure
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Delivers merchandise to customers and contacts customers if
they are not present.
- Loads truck with daily merchandise to be delivered and unloads
merchandise for customers.
- Pulls orders to match manifests.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to resolve customer issues. Nature and
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor. Work Environment
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of
which may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
- Must be twenty one years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable Education and
- HS Diploma or GED required. 0-2 years of experience in area of
responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
**EG PRID PRID112 Job Locations US-TX-Schertz - US-TX-San Antonio -
US-TX-New Braunfels Posted Date 4 days ago (1/7/2021 12:12 PM) Job
ID 2021-40952 Business Unit Facilities Maintenance Functional Area
Transportation Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time Posting
Location : Postal Code 78154 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, San Antonio , Non-CDL Delivery Driver - Weekday Routes, Hospitality & Tourism , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!