Company: Eye Country
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Opticians are responsible for selling eyewear and eyewear
accessories to patients. They ensure patients are fitted with the
right-size frames that fit their needs and lifestyle and dispense
lenses with correct prescription and measurements. Opticians are at
the heart of our business. Their technical and customer service
skills ensure patient satisfaction and repeat business.Duties &
- Delivers extraordinary experience to each and every patient.
Provides patients with a complete understanding of our customized
recommendations for products and services.
- Develops own clientele from providing outstanding service and
- Keeps current on company/industry products and procedures,
manufacturer rebates, and types of lenses and frames
- Takes and returns patient calls, updating patients on the
status of their order and resolving order issues should they arise.
Escalates any issues with the Store Manager, as necessary.
- Retrieves patient charts and electronic health records.
- Assists patients in selecting frames, lens type, and lens
treatments including tints and coatings; depending on specific
patient needs and facial measurements.
- Educates patients on proper eyeglass and contact lens
- Collect eye and face measurements to ensure proper fit.
- Interprets prescriptions written by optometrist and
- Creates work orders for lab technicians, specifying information
on lenses needed.
- Follows-up on all pending orders. Verifies all orders are
within the time guidelines given and informs patients of status if
delays occur. Notifies patient when orders arrive from
- Dispenses glasses by inspecting the product, checking for
proper fit, adjusting if necessary, and asking for feedback.
- Adjusts eyewear to ensure visual acuity, proper fit, and
patient comfort. Using various tools, performs eyewear adjustments
- Proficient in using tools such as pupilometers, PD Sticks,
lensometers, pliers, wrenches, frame warmers, etc.
- Regularly communicates with technicians and/or store managers,
providing additional patient information, or asking for an order
- Inspects the final product ensuring there are no flaws; Cleans
and polishes lenses using cloths and solvents.
- Cleans and organizes frame boards, displays, mirrors, work
bench, office area, bathroom, and breakroom, maintaining overall
cleanliness and visual appeal of the store.
- Restocks retail boards with new merchandize.
- Understands product issues and analyzes any problems.
Thoroughly and accurately answers patients' questions regarding
insurance, warranty, products, materials, services, pricing,
upgrades, promotions, etc.
- Collaborates with technicians, front desk associates, Managers,
- Sells miscellaneous products such as cleaners, contact lens
supply, sunglasses, safety glasses, etc.
Keywords: Eye Country, San Antonio , Optician, Hospitality & Tourism , Fredericksburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!