Housekeeping/Environmental Services (Full Time)
Company: San Antonio Behavioral Health
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 24, 2022
As a SABHH Employee this job includes benefits, Paid Time Off,
and annual raises determined on performance evaluations! APPLY
TODAY!Shifts include:Day: 6am-2:30pmEvening: 2pm-10:30pmTo be
available all days of the week including some weekends Essential
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the
- Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner in order
to reflect the highest integrity of the Environmental Services
- Performs routine cleaning of inpatient and outpatient patient
rooms, nursing units, offices, clinical areas, activity rooms,
waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, courtyards, corridors,
and parking lots in a clean, neat and sanitary manner.
- Performs terminal/detailed cleaning of the patient and exam
rooms by following check list or as instructed by Nursing
- Completes work assignments in a timely manner.
- Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to
- Uses and maintains equipment properly.
- Reports safety hazards as appropriate.
- Transports trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal
- Replenishes supplies.
- Follows all infection control practices including hand washing
techniques, Standard Precautions and isolation precautions.
- Maintains set quality standards when performing job
- Works day or evening shifts as assigned.
- Maintains age specific safety precautions.
- The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read and understand equipment operation
- Cleans and maintains carpet and tiled floors by using heavy
equipment to clean floors on a rotating basis.
- Cleans cafeteria tables and floors daily; degreases kitchen
floors and baseboards nightly.
- Cooperate with other personnel to achieve departmental
objectives, maintain good employee relations and interdepartmental
- Perform other duties as assignedRequirementsEducation and/or
Licensure High School degree (or equivalent) preferred. Ability to
communicate effectively in English, both orally and in
writing.Experience A minimum of two (2) years experience with
housekeeping and environmental services duties, to include
janitorial/custodial duties, preferably in a healthcare
environment.Additional Requirements Must be available for on-call;
weekend, day, and evening shifts as assigned.Knowledge Skills and
- Must be able to concentrate on work amidst distractions such as
noise, conversations and foot traffic.
- Must be able to consistently meet deadlines; must be flexible
in work hours in order to meet patient and organization operating
- Flexibility to work closely with patients and staff in a caring
and supportive style with the ability to maintain self-control in
volatile or hostile customer services interactions.
- General knowledge and understanding of safety procedures.
- Must have skills in maintaining information as highly
confidential.Physical Requirements/Environmental ConditionsPerform
the following with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk,
push, pull, lift, grasp, and be able to perceive the attributes of
objects such as size, shape, temperature, and/or texture by
touching with skin, particularly that of the fingertips.
- Ability to express and exchange ideas via spoken word during
activities in which they must convey detail or important spoken
instructions to others accurately, sometimes quickly and
- Hearing to perceive the nature of sound with no less than 40 db
loss @ Hz, 1000 Hz, and 2000 Hz with or without correction; ability
to perceive detailed information orally and make fine
discriminations in sound.
- Perform repetitive motions with wrists, hands, and fingers.
Individual must be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force
occasionally and to be able to lift, carry, push, pull, or
otherwise move objects.
- Work requires a minimum standard of visual acuity with or
without correction that will enable people in the role to complete
administrative and clerical tasks, as well as inspect and
- Must be able to work and concentrate amidst distractions such
as noise, conversation and foot traffic; ability to handle
interruptions often and be able to move from one task to
- While worker may possibly be subjected to temperature changes,
the worker is generally not substantially exposed to adverse
environmental conditions as the work is predominantly
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- PTO Plan with Holiday Premium Pay
- Life Insurance (Supplemental Life, Term, and Universal plans
are also available.)
- Short and Long-Term Disability (with additional buy-in
Keywords: San Antonio Behavioral Health, San Antonio , Housekeeping/Environmental Services (Full Time), Hospitality & Tourism , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!