Cloud Engineer (Java, AWS, Spring Boot)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Cloud Engineer (Java, AWS, Spring Boot) Primary Location Only:
San Antonio, TX Find Your Forward at Fiserv, a Fortune 500 company,
and join the industry leader in financial services technology.
You'll find a reciprocal environment that values collaboration and
flexibility. Our rare combination of expertise and creative spirit
helps us deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to
banks and businesses worldwide.What does an exceptional Java
Developer do?We're looking for a Software Developer to help in
building out core development of our products. This is an API,
microservices, application development opportunity, with
third-party service integrations and cloud infrastructure. As a
Java Developer, you will be a part of small but growing team of
talented people responsible for customizing and implementing a
sophisticated enterprise banking software in a fast-paced
result-oriented environment.Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on the execution of the product, design and
- Work with the product owner to provide technical insight and
guidance into the product roadmap.
- Assist in establishing coding, software design approaches and
standards and ensure the product teams are adhering to standard
- Review process, components and dependencies with the
architecture team to ensure alignment with technical strategy.
- Focus on eliminating any pressing technical impediments to the
- Stay up to date with technology advancement and ensure our
product technology stack is optimized for strategic growth.
- Provide inspiration and guidance to the growing team; champion
a culture of openness, collaboration and innovation.
- Design and develop core extensions to an innovative web
- Be a standout colleague, who is passionate about development,
and is anxious to learn from other high-level developers.
- Be a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in strong
- Able to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels
- Work with multiple engineering teams, and multi-functional
- Adhere to Agile Sprints, Delivery Framework, and SDLC best
practices. The above statements are intended only to describe the
general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an
all-inclusive list of position responsibilities. Required
- High School Diploma required with 4 years of experience in Java
Development. Bachelor's Degree in technology related degree
- 5 years of experience in applicable field
- 4+ years of hands-on experience Software Development.
- 4+ years of Java Development.
- 1+ years of applying Spring components: Core, Boot, Data, MVC,
- 2+ years of relational database design & modeling.
- 1+ year or exposure to administering & consuming AWS services
or other cloud platforms.
- Experience designing and maintaining large-scale web
- Solid grasp of software design patterns and principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication, with ability to
interact with all levels of an organization.Preferred
- Advanced Degree and/or Industry Certifications.
- Advanced understanding of the Java programming language and
- Knowledge of the entire Spring platform including Boot and
- Experience building distributed/service
oriented/microservices-style and cloud based application
- Containerization experience with applications deployed on
Docker or Kubernetes.
- Advanced knowledge of the AWS platform.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure support in mixed Linux and
- Related banking industry experience in platforms, banking
applications, or online financial solutions.Travel: Ability to
travel up to 10%Who we are: Fiserv has been a trusted name in
financial services technology for more than 35 years. We're leading
the digital transformation of financial services, helping financial
institutions, billers and consumers move and manage money -
securely, expertly and with ease - through our creative solutions
and deep expertise.For the sixth consecutive year, and the eighth
time in the last 10 years, Fiserv has been named one of the FORTUNE
Magazine "World's Most Admired Companies--."We're looking for the
best and the brightest to join our global team of experts, so if
you're seeking an environment where leadership, teamwork and
innovation are valued, and career development is meaningful to you,
you're in the right place.Fiserv is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Fiserv, San Antonio , Cloud Engineer (Java, AWS, Spring Boot), IT / Software / Systems , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!