Data Analyst Senior (SQL/Tableau) - 100% Remote Available
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Purpose of JobAnalyzes complex business problems and issues
using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to
analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and
patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications
for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or
available data elements. May participate in consultation to users
and lead cross functional teams to address business issues.
Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business
needs.Job RequirementsUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.We
are looking for a passionate analyst who will transform data into
insights through the use of data visualization and data modeling
techniques. This position will enable self-service analytics by
partnering with IT to develop intuitive, seamless analytic
solutions. The role will be responsible for providing strategic
insights to our Marketing partners in order to drive improvement of
the marketing investment.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Leads and participates in gathering complex and often unique
business requirements by partnering with customers to define the
business problem and data needs.
- Utilizes an advanced understanding of multiple data structures
and sources to lead the development and implementation of business
intelligence solutions, which may include data visualization, data
transformation, or data collection.
- Strategically partners and works with IT execution teams on the
development of analytic infrastructures, data engineering, or
related business intelligence efforts. Includes collaborating on
the design and implementation of technical standards and governance
- Applies data visualization best practices - often selecting the
right data tool for the job to identify and interpret trends or
patterns while following standard Enterprise branding.
- Understands the value of prototyping, usability, and the
end-user experience to maximize the impact of the final data
visualization product (dashboard, report, insight, or
- Acts as a trusted data visualization advisor to the
stakeholder/end-user in order to drive business value. Provides
system thinking to influence relevant data, information, and
application architecture decisions.
- May serve as an Agile champion who is responsible for the
methodology, execution, and team education on best practices.
- May provide internal team leadership by providing guidance on
business intelligence tools, techniques and processes.
- Actively participates in industry, COE, or other
discipline-relevant groups/panels to keep abreast of industry
trends and share best practices with team.Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Business
Analytics or other business-relevant discipline.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.Minimum Experience:
- 6 years of experience in data and analytics, technical, or
business-relevant function; OR if Advanced degree in a STEM
discipline, 4 years experience in data and analytics, technical, or
- Demonstrated experience in the identification of innovative
approaches to address moderately complex business problems and
- Advanced experience developing business deliverables that
leverage business intelligence platforms, data management
platforms, or SQL-based languages (Tableau, Business Objects,
Snowflake, Hadoop, Netezza, NoSQL, ANSI SQL, or related).
- Proven, expert ability to leverage or build business knowledge
through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor,
leadership, and EMG levels.
- Demonstrated expert-level communication skills with the ability
to deliver presentations to all levels of management.
- Demonstrated the ability to embed intuitive story telling
within the business intelligence solutions and platforms including
concise presentation of complex technical details.*Qualifications
may warrant placement in a different job level*When you apply for
this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin
the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time
and you will not able to change your responses.Preferred
- 2+ years working with data visualization tools such as
- 4+ years working with SQL to transform data
- 4+ years working with complex data sets to create business
insightsThe above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees
enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a
flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth
building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and
continuing education will assist you with your professional
goals.USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and
conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life,
including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness
centers.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have
manager s approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 10/19/20 by 11:59 pm CST
time. Associated topics: data analytic, data integrity, data
manager, data management, data quality, data scientist, database
administrator, etl, mongo database, teradata
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Data Analyst Senior (SQL/Tableau) - 100% Remote Available, IT / Software / Systems , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!