Agile Coach Lead
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Purpose of JobCoaches, trains and mentors at all levels of the
organization to apply agile principles, practices and frameworks in
order to deliver high value business capabilities. Embraces servant
leadership and displays behaviors that come with the key mindset
shifts associated with being agile and the culture shift at USAA.
Identifies opportunities for continuous improvements and influences
change at all organizational levels.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA
knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security
of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This
singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at
every level.In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly-- Employers 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17 seconds) (31
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Delivers hands-on coaching to individuals, programs and
portfolios in all aspects of Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile
Framework, including but not limited to routines, Lean Portfolio
Management (LPM), iterative development, DevOps, increasing
transparency, improving risk management, managing flow and limiting
work in progress (WIP).
- Drives continuous improvement to create higher performing
organizations; utilizes feedback and metrics (quality, delivery
rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and partners with
others to coach the program or portfolio to continuously
- Coaches leaders and Executives and may be called on to coach
Product Managers, Release Train Engineers, and other key roles as
- Advances best practices in Scrum, Kanban and Scaled Agile
- Contributes to the strategy for training as well as developing
and delivering training for business and IT resources.
- Serves as a thought leader in improving and applying agility
- Coaches and mentors other coaches in their area of specialty
(DevOps, LPM, business compliance, etc.)
- Develops and maintains stakeholder relationships supporting
agile product development.
- Remains informed about corporate practices, industry trends and
best practices concerning Agile.
- Works with individual programs/organizations and portfolios to
align strategy and discover their needs.
- Plans and delivers coaching while ensuring alignment with the
- Guides and influences enterprise metrics to increase
- Develops and delivers presentations to various levels of
stakeholders and facilitates working sessions to identify
resolutions to impediments to continuous Agile improvement.
- Adheres and coaches to Enterprise, CoSA and Department
processes, procedures, controls, standards, tools and
- Understands existing change management routines and coaches to
the change management as needed.Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.Minimum Experience:
- 8+ years of experience performing in multiple Agile roles, to
include 6 years of experience as an Agile Coach or working in a
similar role in a lean or scrum environment and 2 years of
performing on a program at scale.
- Strong business acumen and expert knowledge of the software
development lifecycle and methodologies.
- Expert understanding of Agile risk management practices and
Lean-Agile methods and practices and ability to apply Agile
principles and practices on a case-by-case basis, customized to
specific client needs.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change at the executive level
and team level.
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Professional Scrum Master
(PSM), Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner
(PMI ACP), or other leading Agile certification.
- Previous experience in Product Ownership, as a Scrum Master or
with the agile methodology, enabling enterprise-wide Agile
- Previous experience in business strategy, enterprise strategic
planning, organizational behavior or having held a leadership role
at the program or portfolio level.
- Previous experience with transformational activities at the
- Strong understanding of Scrum and Kanban.*Qualifications may
warrant placement in a different job level*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not able to change your responses.Preferred Experience:
- Prior experience working with Financial Institutions, Financial
Services or other regulated industries.
- Prior experience as an Enterprise Agile Coach focused on
coaching a Bank Leadership Team.The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.USAA also offers a variety of on-site
services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal
life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three
fitness centers.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have
manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 10/08/20 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Agile Coach Lead, IT / Software / Systems , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!