Java Software Engineer (fully remote and flex schedule)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your IT skills to
truly change the world for the better? We are the leading
non-profit organization that is redesigning the tools that enable
public health agencies use to do their jobs. We need committed,
mission-driven technologists to help us build the next generation
of public health tools. We work with State and Federal government
agencies to build and develop software that impacts peoples live.
We are pleased to announce an opening for a Software Engineer
within our Connected Health Division. Connected Health advances
population health management and healthcare delivery through the
development of public health IT systems, health information
exchange and interoperability solutions. As a Software Engineer at
Altarum, you will have the opportunity to help Altarum modernize
the public health infrastructure and make a difference in your
community. Our leading-edge disease surveillance solutions are
helping state and local public health prepare for the next
pandemic. You'll work in an Agile environment alongside a team of
Software Developers, Business Analysts, and Public Health
- Work with a team of software engineers and analysts in
developing systems that meet all technical and business
- Design highly scalable software solutions to improve
functionality and system longevity.
- Able to effectively communicate with business leaders.
- Experience in developing prototypes of new concepts and
- Experience in software development methodologies and standards,
test-driven development, data analysis, and reporting.
- While maintaining current production code, you must demonstrate
a willingness to step into new roles and learn new technologies
- Be innovative and share ideas as we evaluate new or alternative
data processing techniques to determine their usefulness in meeting
project needs and deadlines.
- BS degree in computer science preferred
- 3+ years of experience working on Java/J2EE applications,
strong knowledge of Object Orientated Programming, and experience
with multiple databases.
- Must have strong java fundamentals and experience with Spring
or Spring Boot, Hibernate, JSON and XML
- Experience with Microservice designs and architectures,
Service-oriented architecture (SOA), formal patterns etc
- Technical development experience with REST/SOAP web
React and Angular2 communicate with the back-end server.
- Experience using cloud-based servers like AWS is a plus.
- Experience with modern SDLC tools - Git, JIRA, Artifactory,
Jenkins/TeamCity, OpenShift, Gradle
- Prefer experience processing Medical Document formats like HL7
/ QRDA III / FHIR or processing other custom formatted files.
- Mobile development experience is a plus.
- Enjoy working with a dynamic team, flexible and possess a good
foundation of software development skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and a quick learner. You should
have a broad base of software development experience, and be
interested in continuing to grow technically via hands on
experience and learning
- FHIR and HL7 knowledge
ABOUT ALTARUM: Altarum Institute (Altarum) is a nonprofit
organization headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We improve the
health of at-risk and disenfranchised populations by building
better systems of care and empowering all people to make well
informed health decisions. Public sector clients include the U.S.
Department of Defense, Department of Health and Human Services,
Department of Agriculture, Department of Veterans Affairs, and
various state agencies nationwide. Altarum also serves clients in
the philanthropic and private sectors. Areas of expertise include
military health, women's health, behavioral health and substance
use disorders, health disparities and equity, continuing medical
education and quality improvement, eldercare, public health
interoperability, and disease surveillance. In addition to the
meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding
benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition
reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work
environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and
rewarding career opportunities with us. Altarum provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Altarum, San Antonio , Java Software Engineer (fully remote and flex schedule), IT / Software / Systems , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!