Software Engineer (Remote)
Company: Axiom Cloud
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Axiom Cloud is transforming how the world's cooling systems are
powered, operated, and maintained, in order to generate significant
climate and financial impact. We need to deliver fantastic products
at a massive scale to realize this mission.
Now, we need to release more value-generating features in our
software services with the quality that our customers demand as we
scale up. We are therefore seeking a Software Engineer who will be
a key contributor to the design, implementation, and delivery of
those features. You will directly contribute to solving the hardest
technical problems we face, which are incredibly unique and varied
at this intersection of mission-critical equipment, cloud-native
apps, predictive maintenance, and energy management.
Apply if you want to build the core services of a rapidly-growing,
venture-backed startup (our customers already include 6 major North
American grocery chains and refrigerated warehouse companies). Take
the plunge if you want to put your passion for software engineering
to work. Play a pivotal role in transforming thousands of
commercial/industrial cooling systems into intelligent
energy-saving and self-healing assets. Join our
- Closely collaborate with hardware, controls, modeling, and data
science team members to solve real-world, highly-interdependent
- Improve internal tooling and documentation to make the
development process more accessible to new engineers.
- Effectively navigate application deployment in a cloud-based
- Make insightful contributions to regular code reviews with the
team to facilitate quality control and allow team members to
- Reduce tech debt by both addressing shortcuts in existing code
and minimizing the creation of new shortcuts in feature
- Hone your craft as you collaborate with an exceptionally
talented, incredibly motivated team.
- Note: this position is fully remote, with working hours
generally aligned to Pacific time.
Who You Are
(Note: We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of
experience and perspectives. If you don't meet 100% of the
qualifications listed below, you should still seriously consider
applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role
if you meet just 50% of the role's requirements.)
- 1+ years developing professional-grade software via
professional experiences, personal projects, coding communities,
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, or similar
discipline (or equivalent).
- Excellent software design instinct; you should be comfortable
working in multiple paradigms, particularly object-oriented and
- Motivated to contribute at all levels, from strategy and design
to coding, testing, troubleshooting, and operation, to a wide
variety of software projects, including mission-critical
commercial/industrial fleet control that employs IoT, ML,
industrial control, creative data analysis, and internal/external
- Able to learn new technologies and development methodologies
- An enthusiastic self-starter who can work with minimal
supervision and generates innovative solutions to tough
- Passionate about technology innovation, technical management,
product development, commercial/industrial SaaS, and making a
positive impact on climate change.
- Python 3.x
- git / GitHub
- Docker (containers, compose, orchestration, etc.)
- Linux / bash
- Python unit and functional testing frameworks
- Agile software development (we use Scrum)
Nice to have skills/technologies:
- Development for Kubernetes
- Application development for microservices architecture
- AWS application development and troubleshooting
- REST API design and documentation
- Testing frameworks (TDD)
- CI/CD workflows (CircleCI, etc)
- Databases / storage: Timeseries (influxdb), noSQL (mongoDB,
etc), object storage (S3), graph databases (neo4j, etc)
- GraphQL design and documentation
- Kubernetes management
- AWS application development with a focus on security
- Other AWS Well-Architected Pillars: operational excellence,
reliability, efficiency, cost
- Web service software development; profiling & refactoring
- AWS IoT frameworks (IoT Core)
- Data processing, modeling, and analytics tools (Pandas, Numpy,
SciPy, Matplotlib, SageMaker, Grafana, Jupyter notebooks)
What You Get
- Compensation in competitive base salary and generous
- Access to a variety of group health insurance plans.
- Access to a competitive and efficient 401k.
- Access to more benefits as they become available.
- "Honor system" PTO policy (no specified limits), regular
company-wide PTO, flexible work schedule, flexible
- Numerous social activities including team happy hours,
barbecues, holiday parties, and an annual Halloween costume
contest. (Note: we are currently generating a path forward for
in-person activities in a post-Covid world.)
The Fine Print
- We're a startup. The work is demanding, challenging, and
fulfilling. The startup "roller coaster" will be emotionally
draining at times and energizing at other times.
- We'll make every effort to find an arrangement that works for
the right candidate.
- There will be occasional on-call rotation.
Axiom Cloud values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages
women, Black, Indigenous, and Non-Black people of color, LGBTQ+
people, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities,
foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Axiom Cloud celebrates diversity and, as an equal opportunity
employer, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual
respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all
teammates and applicants. Our teammates and applicants will not be
discriminated against for employment. We prohibit discrimination
and harassment of any type, race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The more inclusive we are, the more impact we can have.
Axiom Cloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes
to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, to ensure that
all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion,
and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, marital or familial status.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Axiom Cloud, San Antonio , Software Engineer (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!