Java Backend Developer II (Remote Optional)
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Java Backend Developer
II for either our Plano, TX, San Antonio, TX facility or remote
work location available. USAA values a culture that is highly
collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps
employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in
the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused
results. The actual days' onsite are resolved between each employee
and the employee's manager. Within defined guidelines and
framework, provides support to the Enterprise through delivering
best in class technology solutions. Engaged in all phases of the
software systems and application development lifecycle which
include gathering and analyzing requirements, designing, testing,
documenting, and implementing software, responding to outages.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.About USAA ITOur
most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we
don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million
members who rely on us every day.We're proud of USAA's strong
history -- and we're even more passionate about our future. That's
why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking
technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And
why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team.
With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to
continue learning and growing.Tasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test technical solutions
- Write code to deliver features, and improvements, on a regular
- Investigates and resolve technical problems and production
issues through troubleshooting techniques
- Continually improves operations by conducting systems analysis
and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing
system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond
the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree OR Approved
certification from CodeUp, Galvenize, VetFIT (Veterans for IT) or
eFIT (Employees for IT)
- 2 years of software development experience specific to a
- 1 year of experience delivering technology solutions in all
phases of the software systems and application development
- Basic Understanding of one or more of the following: Java,
- Knowledge and understanding of troubleshooting applications and
systems within production issues.
- Ability to quickly understand applicable business acumen to
provide appropriate Engineering solutions
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and
When you apply for this position, you
will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Preferred experience:
- 2+ years in REST frameworks with focus on API development
- 1+ years in AGILE methodology (Scrum, Lean, SaFe, etc.)
- 1+ years experience integrating with backend services like JMS,
J2C, ORM frameworks (Hibernate, JPA, JDO, etc), JDBC.
- Ability to design and implement container based APIs using
container frameworks like OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes.
- Relational Database design and optimization with Oracle DB2,
MySQL, or Postgress
- Understanding of microservices architecture design and
- Working experience with Gradle, GIT, GitHUB, GITLab, etc.
around continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Cloud infrastructure application development with vendors like
AWS, Google or Microsoft.
- Experience testing in REST services
- Experience in design and develop automated tests and
frameworksThe above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has
an effective method for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this skill is: $72,900-$131,400.Employees may be
eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors. Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national
average.Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details.USAA Total RewardsRelocation assistance is Not
Available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Java Backend Developer II (Remote Optional), IT / Software / Systems , Adkins, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!