Adv IT Developer (Full Stack .Net)(Flexible Locations)
Company: Marathon Petroleum
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: June 24, 2022
An exciting career awaits you
At MPC, were committed to being a great place to work one that
welcomes new ideas, encourages diverse perspectives, develops our
people, and fosters a collaborative team environment.Position
SummaryThe IT Developer position offers an excellent opportunity to
become an integral part of the IT support model for the Financial
Accounting organization. The successful candidate will be
self-motivated and possess strong analytical, organization and
communication skills. The candidate must have the ability to work
with individuals from multiple business units at a variety of
locations, external vendors and a dynamic IT support staff. The
position includes supporting existing systems and working on
projects that directly affect business clients. This position
offers opportunities working with a team of IT professionals and
business partners.This position is a part of a job family with
multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level
commensurate with experience and qualifications.Key
- Works with business and technical resources to support and
enhance full-stack technical solutions.
- Manages multiple efforts and progress them simultaneously.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and
modifies logic in existing applications. Codes, tests, debugs,
documents, and implements software applications.
- Analyzes and translates business requirements into technical
requirements and specifications. Tests and integrates application
components. Leverages standardized application, reporting, data,
and integration tools to develop and improve applications.
- Stays informed of current technologies and business
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented
and that technologies/systems are current
- Understands the data and functions within the Information
Technology (IT) applications. Also, understands interfacing
- Troubleshoots application issues and engages others as needed.
Performs peer code reviews.
- Measures application performance to ensure it meets business
requirements. Seeks to continuously improve application
performance, reliability, and reduce run the business support.
- Ensures change management follows IT standards. Assists IT
Business Analyst with reviews of the applications.
- Improve application performance by diagnosing and resolving
critical issues to ensure business requirements are met and reduce
run the business support.
- Coach and mentor junior software developers.
- Promote a collaborative team environment and work closely with
colleagues to achieve business objectives.
- Develop reusable software building blocks to enable faster
- Adhere to architecture, design, implementation, security
standards, best practices, and Marathon development standards,
practices, and processes.
- Develops recommendations for more difficult and complex
issuesEducation and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
Information Systems, related field, or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of experience in an information technology role
including some experience in systems development
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, system
architecture, and cybersecurity principles
- Understands object-oriented fundamentals, including design
patterns, encapsulation, abstraction, and SOLID development
- Experience in:
- C#, ASP.NET MVC Frameworks (.NET CORE, .NET Framework), HTML,
REST Web Services and APIs, Azure DevOps/GIT
- UI Frameworks (Telerik Kendo, Blazor, etc.), VB.NET, AngularJS,
Basic IIS Administration, are a plus but not required
- Experience with DevOps, Agile / Scrum & Product Management
methodologies is a plus, but not requiredSkills
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, problem-solving, written,
and verbal communication skills
- Building Partnerships Developing and leveraging relationship
withing and across work groups to achieve results.
- Drive for Results taking prompt action to accomplish
objectives; taking actions to achieve goals beyond what is
required; being proactive
- Continuous Improvement Originating actions to improve existing
conditions and processes, identifying improvement opportunities,
generating ideas and implementing solutions#ITAs an energy industry
leader, our career opportunities fuel personal and professional
growth.Location:Findlay OH Main BldgAdditional locations:San
Antonio TXJob Requisition ID:00003226Location Address:539 S Main
StEducation:Bachelors: Information TechnologyEmployee Group:Full
timeEmployee Subgroup:RegularMarathon Petroleum Company LP is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment
to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of
race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or
physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status,
ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran
status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected
by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant, .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our
Human Resources Department at . Please specify the reasonable
accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number
in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative
will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable
accommodation. To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum
Corporation please visit .
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / DisabilityRequired
Keywords: Marathon Petroleum, San Antonio , Adv IT Developer (Full Stack .Net)(Flexible Locations), IT / Software / Systems , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!