Business Agility Executive - Technology
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of Job** This role will optimally sit in on of our hubs;
however, consideration may be given to highly competitive
candidates who live remotely and can travel to a hub. **
Overall accountability and leadership for the Agile Center of
Excellence. Responsibilities include setting the strategy to ensure
USAA broadly advances as the Agile techniques and methods improve.
Responsible for translating that strategy and objectives into an
integrated plan for driving the adoption of a business agility
approach. Success will be achieved through the continuous
improvement of application development and business/risk expertise.
This will be measured through the creation of a balanced Agile
scorecard at the team level, incorporating measures for
productivity, quality, cost & engagement. Methodologies such as
SAFe and Spotify will continue to be assessed for forward looking
adoption. Tooling and instrumentation, as well as techniques such
as paired programming will also be continually assessed for
adoption at the appropriate time.Job RequirementsPrimary
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Accountable for creating the overall Enterprise agile
- Provides oversight and executive thought leadership to deliver
expected and committed outcomes from the Enterprise agile
- Champions a culture of process excellence, focused utilization
of key performance indicators for continuous improvement, and the
deliberate formation of high-performing teams.
- Provides a framework for financial planning and portfolio
prioritization and a model for persistent team funding.
- Leads enterprise Agile Center of Excellence and is accountable
for ensuring common taxonomy / processes are followed across the
- Responsible for creating a multi-year plan to operationalize
the strategy, with key milestones, deliverables, and realization
targets. Includes culture shift, change management, adoption,
training, transition plan, metrics, and controls.
- Drives organizational and process change required to achieve
changing business objectives.
- Executes projects and business process improvement initiatives
required to achieve defined business outcomes.
- Implements and maintains tools and data sources to enable the
enterprise to manage Agile team delivery and performance.
- Manages risk, compliance, and control issues in the software
development and acquisition operating environment, concurrent with
implementing actions to mitigate business impact.
- Manages internal and external third-party service providers
with rigorous focus on performance indicators, service level
expectations, regulatory compliance, and risk management.
- Influences and provides subject matter expertise to Enterprise
governing bodies to include Agile Executive Working Group, Global
Services Infrastructure, and Technology Process and Tooling.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional
area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development,
retention, coaching and support, performance management, and
managerial activities.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree OR 4 years of related experience (in addition
to the minimum years of experience required) which may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 10+ years of experience leading multiple Agile transformations
to include developing strategies, leading major initiatives with a
consistent record for successfully delivering results.
- 8+ years of people leadership experience in building, managing
and/or developing successful teams.
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders,
influencing decisions and leading work to achieve strategic
- Executive level business acumen in the areas of business
operations, industry practices and emerging trends.
- Knowledge of compliance and risk management frameworks,
including experience to identify and mitigate risks.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally
and in writing, to board and senior-level executive leadership,
driving accountability and sense of urgency.
- Experience identifying a client's high-level business needs and
leading the creation of detailed functional roadmap and other
documentation, to drive teams and programs along the Agile Maturity
- Intellectual capacity and experience to develop creative and
- Experience in capturing Agile Team and Program Metrics, then
creating actionable improvement plans from the metrics to propel
team through the Agile Maturity Curve.
- Experience driving change through multiple levels of the
- Experience performing strategic analysis on current
organizational processes.Preferred Experience:
- Experience running an enterprise-wide Portfolio Management
Office in a large financial services organization.
- Experience running a large, complex engineering department in a
highly matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in leading large scale technology
modernization efforts.Compensation:USAA has an effective process
for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we
remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on
your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $178,700 - $321,800.Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Long Term
Incentive Plan: Cash payment for Executive level roles only,
representing a cash payment which is both time and performance
based.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.Please click on the link below for
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Business Agility Executive - Technology, IT / Software / Systems , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!