Software Engineer Mid-level - Hybrid
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Software Engineer I for
our San Antonio, Texas facility.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days'
onsite are resolved between each employee and the employee's
We are seeking talented Software Engineers for our Engineering
department within the Enterprise Data & Analytics Office (EDAO).
EDAO's vision is to provide services to manage USAA enterprise
information as an asset to secure the trust of our members,
regulators, and stakeholders while creating value for our business
partners and members.
Candidates selected for this position will have an opportunity to
work on projects supporting EDAO initiatives, leveraging many
different technologies, including but not limited to; Modernization
of Member Data, supporting critical services leveraged across
enterprise. The candidate will join high performing Agile teams,
providing products and services that have an opportunity to
significantly impact organizational growth and effectiveness
through delivering best in class technology solutions.
Software Engineers are engaged in all phases of the software
systems and application development lifecycle which include:
gathering and analyzing requirements, designing, testing,
documenting, implementing software and responding to outages.
Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and ensure these risks are effectively
identified and escalated to be measured, monitored and
controlled.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.About USAA ITOur
most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we
don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million
members who rely on us every day.We're proud of USAA's strong
history -- and we're even more passionate about our future. That's
why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking
technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And
why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team.
With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to
continue learning and growing.Tasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. - -
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical
- Investigates and resolves complex application and system
technical problems and production issues through troubleshooting
- Continually improves operations by conducting complex systems
analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Prepares and installs complex solutions by determining and
designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Mentors' junior engineers and may being mentoring peer
engineers; Review teammates' codeMinimum requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond
the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree OR Approved
certification from CodeUp, Galvenize, VetFIT (Veterans for IT) or
eFIT (Employees for IT).
- 4 years of software development experience demonstrating depth
of technical understanding within a specific
- 2 years of experience delivering technology solutions in all
phases of the software systems and application development
lifecycle to include leading code/design reviews.
- Basic Understanding of one or more of the following: Java,
- Developing level of business acumen in the areas of business
operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging
- Experience supporting efforts to address production issues
through troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Experience articulating technical challenges and solutionsWhen
you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some
initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you
begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later
time and you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred
- Experience with the JAX-RS and/or Spring Boot Framework
- Strong knowledge of Java.
- Experience with the RTC, WebSphere, CI/CD Pipeline(GitLab,
Gradle, Docker, OpenShift/Kubernetes) and Kafka.
- Experience working with JDBC or ORM frameworks and Relational
- Experience working with NoSQL, DBMS(i.e Cassendra ,
- Experience with software design patterns (includes producing
and reviewing designs.)
- Experience with Batch Scheduler (Ctrl+M, etc)
- Exposure with cloud-based platforms (i.e. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies (Scrum)
- Strong knowledge in test driven development and testing code
changes.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has
an effective method for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this skill is: $88,200 - $158,900* Employees may
be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors. Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national
average.Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details.Relocation assistance is Not Available for this
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Software Engineer Mid-level - Hybrid, IT / Software / Systems , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!