COMPUTER SCIENTIST - ENGINEER - RESEARCH ENGINEER - CYBER-PHYSICAL SYSTEMS
Company: Southwest Research Institute
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Who We Are:The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated
solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains
including transportation (traffic management, connected automated
vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and
communication standards.Objectives of this Role:
- Applying Theory to Practice: Apply your passion for embedded
systems and solving problems to advance scientific understanding of
our planet and solar system.
- Work with small teams to develop and test embedded systems and
software for space science projects.
- Development is typically in Python, C/C++, LabView, and/or some
assembly on MS Windows, Linux, or custom operating systems.Daily
and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Work independently on small teams developing flight software
for space flight applications/instrumentation.
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers on software design
and code reviews.
- Develop test scripts that aid in application integration,
verification, and validation testing phases.
- Contribute to technical reports explaining developed
- To read more on the cool and unique work associated with this
position, visit the following:
- Requires a Bachelors, Masters, or a PhD with a 3.00 GPA in
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or
- 0-2 years: Educational background and experience with software
and hardware on embedded systems, programming languages (e.g.
Python, C, C++, and C#, Verilog, VHDL), and understanding of good
software development practices
- 0-2 years: Experience or interest in learning: software version
control systems (Subversion, Git, etc), MATLAB, LabWindows and/or
LabView, computer architectures (i.e. 8051, SPARC, ARM, and/or
PowerPC is a plus), signals and systems, debugging, performance
optimization and unit testing
- Interest in understanding formal secure software development
process and best practices applies.
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Keywords: Southwest Research Institute, San Antonio , COMPUTER SCIENTIST - ENGINEER - RESEARCH ENGINEER - CYBER-PHYSICAL SYSTEMS, IT / Software / Systems , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!