Company: Artech LLC
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Title: Apex Developer
Duration: 12 Months
Location: San Antonio, TX
Client: CPS Energy
"The Developer Apex position is responsible for Oracle APEX/Oracle
development and administration of easy to use and intuitive
database applications, performance tuning, security, auditing,
metadata management, capacity planning, connectivity and other data
solutions of mission critical application systems. The developer
will participate in all phases of the development lifecycle
including requirements gathering, specifications development,
design, development, testing, implementation, documentation,
training, maintenance, upgrade, migrate, and reverse engineering.
Develops applications with APEX, SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures,
triggers, transactional modeling, dimensional modeling,
normalization, indexing methods, constraints, object usage, Linux
shell script and PowerShell. Builds and maintains the ongoing
operational functionality and efficiency of CPS Energy APEX and
Oracle solutions ensuring Development, system performance,
availability, reliability, security, recoverability and efficient
usage of code and resources.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Formulates SQL (Structured Query Language) queries, functions
and processes as per customization requirement for APEX
- Supports APEX applications and conducts performance tuning for
- Develops and creates database designs and assists in decreasing
response time for APEX reports.
- Designs application frameworks and helps develop Oracle APEX
- Provides APEX guidance and support to technical staff on
application maintenance and SDLC processes.
- Reviews peer code and documents proof of concepts and database
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain
corporate APEX applications, databases, and processing
- Provides all facets of APEX development, administration,
quality assurance, and production systems support.
- Provides APEX solutions to solve complex business issues
including data processing, data loading, automation improvements,
data integrity, and data presentation.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots and resolves APEX application and
database related issues including development, performance,
availability, data integrity and application security.
- Performs and automates APEX application and database
management, maintenance and data processing activities.
- Develops scripts to perform system maintenance, monitor
applications, automate routine tasks, etc.
- Performs as a technology subject matter expert for APEX
applications database such as Oracle APEX 5/19/20 (Oracle
Application Express) administration/Development, SQL Developer,
PL/SQL, Toad, modeling tools, etc.
- Modifies existing databases and database management systems to
make changes with appropriate database objects such as code, forms,
indexes, tables, partitions, triggers, constraints, stored
procedures, large objects, views, etc.
- Works as part of a project team to coordinate APEX database
development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Trains users, documents systems and answers questions.
- Specifies users and user access levels for each segment of APEX
application and database. Setup of APEX groups, monitoring, and
templates to effectively monitor critical applications.
- Reviews project requests describing APEX user's needs to
estimate time and cost required to accomplish projects.
- Administers all APEX objects, code, forms, including tables,
indexes, views and sequences, packages and procedures.
- Evaluates releases of Oracle APEX and it's tools, and
third-party products to ensure that the organization is running the
products that are most appropriate.
- Collaboration with various technical/non-technical resources
such as citizen developers, application teams and co-workers
regarding project work, POCs (Proofs of Concept) and/or
- On-call rotation is required to support 24/7 environment and is
also expected to be able to work outside business hours to support
- Performs other duties as assigned."
Keywords: Artech LLC, San Antonio , Apex Developer, IT / Software / Systems , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!