Agile Central/JIRA Administrator - Mid Level
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Agile Central/ JIRA Administrator- Mid Level for our San Antonio, TX facility.
This Administrator will be engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. In addition, he/she will participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. This role is a solid, career-level role where functional and technical proficiency has been obtained, and incumbents display a depth of technical understanding within their respective areas of specialization allowing them to operate independently. Incumbents also display a proficiency that allows them to begin to mentor others (third party and internal resources) on procedural matters.
Agile Central/Jira Administrator will assist in implementing, integrating and supporting Atlassian Jira and CA Agile Central at USAA. This Administrator should expect to be part of an integrated team that provide highly available and highly scalable solution to the Agile Central and JIRA user community at USAA. This Administrator will work in a challenging, fast-paced, agile environment to deliver and support the USAA workforce. Job Requirements ABOUT USAA USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose: USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently installs, customizes and integrates commercial software packages.
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues.
- Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
- Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends requirements, design and code reviews.
- Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates. Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Resolves complex technical design issues. Creates system documentation/play book(s) and participates as a reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews. May serve as the subject matter expert on development techniques.
- Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate work estimates on work packages.
- May serve as a mentor on procedural matters to less experienced internal and third party team members.
- May assist experienced team members with the delegation of work packages. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree Required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years of related experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required.
- Proficient knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required.
- Proficient level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
- 2-5 years of hands---on experience working with JIRA as a Project/Application Administrator.
- Ability to use built-in customization as well as third party add-ons for extending the functionality of Atlassian Tools; evaluate Atlassian marketplace third-party plugins
- Understanding of distributed version control management (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience in writing scripts
- Ability to analyze, review, and document current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast---paced environment
- Prove to be solutions-oriented
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Display ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with internal and external contacts at all levels*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses. PREFERRED
- Experience with Atlassian APIs and tool integration
- Development experience under Java, C# or Python
- Agile methodology knowledge
- Familiarity with database administration and SQL development
- Tool administration knowledge on Agile Central/Rally
- 2-5 years experience working with the CA Agile Central/Rally BENEFITS USAA's most valuable resource is our 28,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education. We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.Relocation assistance is not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 12/12/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Agile Central/JIRA Administrator - Mid Level, IT / Software / Systems , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!