Information Technology Experience Owner - Lead Level
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Information Technology Experience Owner (Lead Level) for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Information Technology Experience Owners are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements. Information Technology Experience Owner primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and support improvements to the software development life cycle process so that stakeholder and developer needs are balanced and met. This role is occupied by those who display expertise within their respective areas of specialization that enable them to lead and influence technical direction with an appropriate awareness of decisions and resulting impacts on business and technical objectives. Incumbents effectively evaluate and analyze situations or problems and are expected to exercise judgment in the selection of methodologies, techniques, and evaluation criteria for achieving objectives and results. In addition; Incumbents have productive and solid working relationships with internal and third party team members and, on behalf of management, delegate technical work packages.
Responsible for creating and executing developer experiences. Develops strategies, creates and manages the feature roadmap, and executes the best possible Developer-facing experiences while balancing business needs. This is an individual contributor role requiring effective coordination across multiple teams and disciplines in the organization.
Job Requirements ABOUT USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
Responsible for creating and executing developer experiences. Develops strategies, creates and manages the feature roadmap, and executes the best possible Developer-facing experiences while balancing business needs. This is a lead role requiring effective coordination across multiple teams and disciplines in the organization.
- Uses human-centered design to create beautiful experiences, bringing together strategy and execution.
- Aligns focus of stakeholders towards a unified experience that serves Developer needs.
- Leads and manages experience life cycle from conception to release, iteration and maintenance, driving the right product portfolio for the experience and prioritizing work in backlogs to ensure products are delivering to experience expectations.
- Accountable for financial, regulatory, and operational risk management related to the experience, prioritizing closing any gaps or findings.
- Establishes and monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), stakeholder insights, and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs); ensure correct data and instrumentation for the experience and related sub-processes; uses data to improve experiences.
- Leads Agile management rhythms up and down the experience taxonomy to drive cohesive decision-making and action.
- Mentors other Experience Owners in delivering towards USAA's experience-driven mission.
- Leads projects to ensure proper change management campaigns for experience intents and targets.Leads and influences technical direction for large scale, highly complex technical initiatives and/or projects requiring integration of cross-functional systems. Provides technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals. Collaborates with the stakeholder to prioritize key business/technical initiatives.
Utilizes expert knowledge of the stakeholder needs to recommend solutions, and ensures business and technology objectives are met and maintained. Understands user and process requirements and ensures those requirements can be achieved through high-quality deliverables. Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and reviews. Typically serves as a resource to the business and/or as a technical resource to cross functional third party and internal team members on highly complex processes. May troubleshoot complex problems and recommend solutions or practices relative to root cause analyses and identification of solutions for improving process performance. On behalf of the manager; manages the consistent delegation of work packages to cross functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle. Appropriately advises management of issues. Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical work packages to cross functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle. Keeps management and stakeholders appropriately informed of progress and issues.
Performs analysis, design, development, and testing of highly complex processes across multiple lines of business. Displays advanced knowledge and understanding of functional and technical domains of specific products and appropriately evaluates the impact of changes or additions. Develops accurate estimates on work packages. Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced internal and third-party team members to execute. Actively mentors and contributes to the technical and soft skills development of internal and third-party teams. Actively participates in cross departmental staffing and/or technical decisions. Typically anticipates opportunities and proactively and consistently champions innovative solutions cross functionally and across the Enterprise.
- Bachelor Degree Required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical and functional understanding within delivery methodologies. (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall)
- 5+ years of experience with related regulatory expectations regarding automation, DevOps, and SDLC in tech and financial companies.
- Experience with creating, reviewing, and implementing training and change management programs that include voice of the customer feedback loops.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience with partnering with tooling teams to automate and instrument the software development lifecycle to support bringing DevOps to life.
- 2+ years experience with business intelligence teams to create team, program, and portfolio level dashboards.
- 2+ years experience partnering with owners of other process areas to ensure appropriate integration points.
- Experience with performing, monitoring, and approving control testing.
- Desire to own components of the USAA software development lifecycle and ensure they meet internal standards. (Disciplined Execution, Operational Risk Management)
- Experience with IT process frameworks (COBIT, ITIL). BENEFITS
USAA's most valuable resource is our 28,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education. We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Information Technology Experience Owner - Lead Level, IT / Software / Systems , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!