Software Engineer (Cyber)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: October 13, 2019
PURPOSE OF JOB
Software Developers and Integrators (SDIs) are engaged in all
phases of the software development lifecycle which include;
gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements,
responding to outages and creating application system models. SDIs
primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug
new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal
use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In
addition, SDIs participate in design meetings and consult with
business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet
business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third party
partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives.
This is an advanced-level role occupied by those demonstrating
in-depth technical and/or business knowledge within their
respective areas of specialization. Incumbents work independently
on complex work assignments and may determine methods and
procedural approaches on new assignments. In addition,
responsibilities include serving as resources to internal and third
party team members on escalated technical issues and analyzing and
designing specifications for less experienced team members to
* Utilizing technical expertise; Creates system requirements,
performs design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of
complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect
correction across multiple platforms.
* Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact
* Resolves complex technical design issues.
* Provides functional and/or technical guidance in evaluating
applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
* Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with
business or technical departments.
* Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user
* Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance
* Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize
impact and future occurrences.
* Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead
technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code
* Typically serves as a resource to the business.
* Develops accurate estimates on work packages and ensures the
accuracy of estimates developed by less experienced internal and
third party team members.
* Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced internal
and third party team members to execute.
* Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life
* May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills
development of team members.
* Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical
work packages to cross functional and third party team members for
execution through the full development life cycle.
* Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and
* Coordinates system application transition from development teams
to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and
implements necessary controls to assure system/application
* Bachelor's degree required.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 6 or more years of software development experience demonstrating
depth of technical understanding within a specific I/T
* Recent USAA Cyber Security Engineering experience
* Experience with either Java or C object oriented programming
* Experience working with AWS
* Experience working with Cyber Security
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to
help you manage your work and personal life, including seven
cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
RELOCATION assistance is NOTAVAILABLE for this position.
USAA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and
gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other
legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information
about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click
here. For USAA s Affirmative Action and EEO statement, please click
here. Furthermore, USAA makes hiring decisions compliant with the
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (LAMC 189.00).
USAA provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals with
disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable
accommodation, please email HumanResources@usaa.com or call
1-800-210-USAA and select option 3 for assistance.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Software Engineer (Cyber), IT / Software / Systems , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!