Company: Kemper Corporation
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Kemper is one of the nation's leading specialized insurers. Our
success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people
who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every
day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities
for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy
work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper's
products and services are making a real difference to our
customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team,
you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that
delivers on our promises.
If you're interested in or have experience in insurance defense,
this opportunity may be for you. We are seeking an Associate Legal
Counsel to work in the San Antonio, TX area. Our ideal candidate
possesses strong self-starter credentials with excellent writing,
verbal communication, and organizational skills.
- Handles legal work on assigned cases.
- Aggressively pursues files referred to Staff Counsel by the
- Creates and maintains a documented strategy for case handling
in each assigned case to include a synopsis of the intangible
factors, i.e. the judge, plaintiff attorney, aggravating factors,
- Develops, organizes and maintains document files consisting of
pleadings, briefs and memorandums.
- Prepares and submits timely status reports to claims handlers
on all significant activities as they occur, but at no greater than
- Ensures that all files are properly documented and
- Provides prompt and timely responses to all telephone calls and
- Utilizes and/or ensures use of case management software for
maintaining notes, diary, calendar, billing, etc., on cases
assigned to Staff Counsel and in accordance with established
Company operating guidelines, procedures and legal and ethical
requirements / guidelines.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.Position Qualifications:
- 1 year of experience as a trial attorney.
- Handling of insurance defense work is preferred.
- Member of the State Bar, while maintaining all necessary
licensing and continuing education requirements.
- Required to travel as need.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants
will be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by
the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are
committed to supporting diversity and equality across our
organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search
firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated
to pay a placement fee. Kemper will never request personal
information, such as your social security number or banking
information, via text or email. -Additionally, Kemper does not use
external messaging applications like WireApp or Skype to
communicate with candidates. -If you receive such a message, delete
Keywords: Kemper Corporation, San Antonio , Trial Attorney, Legal , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!