Data Scientist (Mid Level)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Purpose of JobUses advanced techniques that integrate
traditional and non-traditional datasets and method to enable
analytical solutions; Applies predictive analytics, machine
learning, simulation, and optimization techniques to generate
management insights and enable customer-facing applications;
participates in building analytical solutions leveraging internal
and external applications to deliver value and create competitive
advantage; Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to
non-technical employeesJob Requirements
- Partners with other analysts across the organization to fully
define business problems and research questions; Supports SME's on
cross functional matrixed teams to solve highly complex work
critical to the organization.
- Integrates and extracts relevant information from large amounts
of both structured and unstructured data (internal and external) to
enable analytical solutions.
- Conducts advanced analytics leveraging predictive modeling,
machine learning, simulation, optimization and other techniques to
deliver insights or develop analytical solutions to achieve
- Supports Subject Matter Experts (SME's) on efforts to develop
scalable, efficient, automated solutions for large scale data
analyses, model development, model validation and model
- Works with IT to research architecture for new products,
services, and features.
- Develops algorithms and supporting code such that research
efforts are based on the highest quality data.
- Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to
non-technical employees to enable understanding and drive informed
business decisions.Minimum Requirements
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics,
Quantitative Economics, Statistics, or related field. 6 additional
years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be
substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years of related experience and accountability for
complex tasks and/or projects required.
- Proficient knowledge of the function/discipline and
demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards
work products required.
- Proficient level of business acumen in the areas of the
business operations, industry practices and emerging trends
required*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
responses.Preferred Requirements (to include any of the following)
- Expertise in experimental design, advanced statistical
analysis, and modeling to discover key relationships in data and
applying that information to predict likely future outcomes; fluent
in regression, classification, tree-based models, clustering
methods, text mining, and neural networks.
- Proven ability to enrich (add new information to) data, advise
on appropriate course(s) of action to take based on results,
summarize complex technical analysis for non-technical executive
audiences, succinctly present visualizations of high dimensional
data, and explain & justify the results of the analysis
- Highly competent at data wrangling and data engineering in SQL
and SAS as well as advanced machine learning (ML) techniques using
Python; comfortable in cloud computing environments (Azure, GCP,
- Hands-on experience developing products that utilize advanced
machine learning techniques like deep learning in areas such as
computer vision, Natural Language Processing (NLP), sensor data
from the Internet of Things (IoT), and recommender systems; along
with transitioning those solutions from the development environment
into the production environment for full-time use.
- PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative
Economics, Operations Research, Statistics, or related field with
coursework in advanced Machine Learning techniques (Natural
Language Processing, Deep Neural Networks, etc).
- Fluent in deep learning frameworks and libraries (TensorFlow,
Keras, PyTorch, etc).
- Highly skilled in handling Big Data (Hadoop, Hive, Spark,
- Experience in reinforcement learning, knowledge graphs and
graph databases, Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs),
semi-supervised learning, multi-task learning is a plus.
- Experience in publishing at top ML, computer vision, NLP, or AI
conferences and/or contributing to ML/AI-related open source
projects and/or converting ML/AI papers into code is a plus.The
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of
the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible
business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education will assist you with your professional goals.USAA also
offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you
manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers.Relocation assistance is
available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete
12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of
placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 1/5/20 by
11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Data Scientist (Mid Level), Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!