Development Product Owner I
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Purpose of JobRepresents business stakeholders to elicit,
understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business
needs, so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build
effective solutions. Utilizes a proficient understanding of
customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to
prioritize investment, business value and delivery. Works within
multiple evolving development methodologies including iterative
Agile and sequential Waterfall programs and projects, and
variations thereof. Serves as the business requirements expert,
engaging and managing the work of subject matter specialists from
the business. Serves as the day to day decision maker and provides
continual business guidance for the execution team. Prioritizes the
execution team's work so that it aligns with the sponsor's/business
executive's strategies. Leads, manages or orchestrates activities
for completion and proper documentation of business requirements
and validating metrics as appropriate for methodology and
Enterprise controls. Works with the business and IT delivery teams
to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational
risks. Escalates issues and develops and recommends appropriate
- Works with different technologies (infrastructure, mobile,
MSR-facing), and/or with vendor partnerships or software.
- Serves as a subject matter resource in a particular business or
system domain, as necessary.
- Identifies, engages and influences business stakeholders and
Subject Matter Experts.
- Works with business and Enterprise stakeholders to understand
and validate business strategy and vision, and customer needs.
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate,
define and document relevant business processes, gaining a
proficient understanding of the needs, measures, and risks &
controls for the improvement area.
- Serves as direct representative of the business with delivery
teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective
throughout the product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop metrics to
manage and track benefits, adoption and risks to operations.
- Assists with project level plans related to schedule, scope and
- Leads, collaborates with, and motivates a cross-functional team
of user experience partners, designers, business analysts,
developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in
alignment with program and/or product roadmaps.
- Manages, prioritizes, and assesses the impact of all work
items, such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the
decision to create, fix or defer at the project level.
- Reviews, and when appropriate, accepts and prioritizes feedback
and new requirements from stakeholder.
- Reviews and accepts or declines output of development to ensure
specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Prepares the business for the change and arms them with tactics
and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
- Assists with coaching less experienced DPOs and team
- Bachelor's degree required; 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
- 4 or more years of relevant experience in process improvement,
project delivery, business/requirements analysis or business
- Proficient knowledge with multiple technical software delivery
methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall).
- Proficient knowledge of Process Engineering methodologies and
Change Management practices.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products and
applicable databases.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a
different job level*When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. - This will take
approximately 5 minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will
not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to
change your responses.Preferred Experience
- SAFe certification
- Experience delivering results in an Agile team environment
- 1 year working knowledge of Jira products
- 4 years' experience working in financial services
- Bachelor's degreeThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. - Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.Relocation assistance is available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have
manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 2/16/20 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Development Product Owner I, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!