It's a great feeling to work for a company that does so much
good for others around the world!
Company : BCFS Health and Human Services
Business Unit : RSD
Program : BCFS Health and Human Services
Status : Regular Full-Time
Education : Required – Graduate degree from an accredited
program/university, preferably in one of the following areas:
social work, psychology, sociology or related field of study.
Required-Fully licensed in the state where they are working.
Experience : Required – 2 years related experience and/or
training including supervisory experience. Preferred – 4 plus years
related experience and/or training including supervisory
Supervises : Clinicians
Summary : The clinician uses sound professional judgment and
best practices to support the mental health, safety and well-being
of every unaccompanied alien child in care while maintaining
compliance with established state and federal standards and
To successfully perform this job, the employee may be expected
to perform the following, with or without reasonable accommodations
in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990:
Essential Functions :
1. Ensure goal-oriented psychosocial diagnostic assessments,
service plans and progress reports are completed for the clinical
2. Ensure clinician’s complete children’s groups weekly on
specific topics and issues.
3. Ensure the clinical department meets all state and federal
4. Meet all pre-determined deadlines required by chain of
command and federal partners.
5. Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English
1. Meet all federal and state regulatory guidelines and
standards that are applicable to this position.
2. Maintain on-call schedule for the support of children and
3. Actively engage in a quality assurance plan necessary for
4. Provide opportunities for routine consultation and
supervision for clinicians.
5. Provide counseling, crisis management, evaluations and other
clinical functions ifneeded.
6. Participate in assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of
children if needed.
7. Record relevant clinical data and report clinical information
8. Maintain accurate and current child records and files.
9. Provide data to support staff regarding admission/discharge
10. Meet predetermined deadlines that allow for timely
processing and reunification of unaccompanied alien children.
12. Maintain current knowledge of community resources.
13. Communicate effectively with referral sources and
14. Attend scheduled meetings and participate in team decisions
15. Participate in workshops, seminars, education programs and
activities that promote professional growth and development.
16. Prepare and maintain assigned reports in accordance with
agency policies and procedures and applicable licensing and
17. Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or requested
by position supervisor.
18. Implement BCFS safety protocols including evacuating with
children and other staff in case of an emergency.
19. Maintain confidentiality in all areas of the service
population and program operations.
20. Maintain BCFS HHS professional and ethical standards of
conduct outlined in BCFS employee handbook including demonstrating
respect for agency staff, children, and community members and
complying with required dress code at all times.
Credentials, Skills and Abilities :
1. Maintain current licenses and certificates required for the
position including but not limited to: First Aid, CPR and Emergency
Behavior Intervention, Other: .
2. Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens
3. Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
4. Pass a pre-employment and biennial criminal background
5. Demonstrate skills in: a. Group, individual and family
b. A range of treatment modalities.
6. Demonstrate the ability to:
a. Respond sensitively and competently to the service
population’s cultural and socio-economic characteristics.
b. Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English
c. Work in a fast paced environment and maintain control and
professional composure at all times.
d. Organize and prioritize responsibilities and duties
e. Maintain computer literacy required by the position.
f. Work effectively and without intensive supervision both
independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
7. Demonstrate a working knowledge of all Residential Services
policies and procedures.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
English (United States) If you like to work with people that
believe they can make a difference in the world, this is the
company for you!
It is the policy of BCFS System of Companies and its affiliated
organizations to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all
employees equally regardless of age, race, creed/religion, color,
national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual
orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender
identity, gender expression, disability, genetic information or
genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status,
partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other
reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected
by applicable law.
Global Network of Non-Profits Creating Lasting Change BCFS
System is a global network of non-profit organizations operating
health and human services programs throughout the U.S., Eastern
Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia and Africa.
BCFS System is an innovative and dynamic system of non-profit
organizations that is constantly evolving to meet the needs of
at-risk populations. BCFS System partners with government agencies,
corporations, non-profits, and community leaders to develop
programs and service models that combat challenges in health and
Striving to build systems that make a lasting impact on the
states and communities we serve, BCFS System leads initiatives
Emergency management, including medical sheltering, during
public health disasters
Residential services and emergency shelters for children who are
abused or neglected
Assisted living services and vocational training for adults with
Mental health services for children and families
Foster care and adoption services
Medical services to indigent communities
Transitional living services for at-risk youth and those in the
juvenile justice system
Residential camping and retreats for children and families
International humanitarian aid for children living in
impoverished conditions in developing countries