Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Info Security IAM
Administrator II for the San Antonio Home Office I.
Responsible for the administration of identity and access
management (IAM) solutions supporting the business for security
related identity and access issues. Develops, implements and
executes security access controls across USAA environments.
Responsible for the administration of access and security profiles
across applications and systems, security policies, and audit
controls (e.g. System Access Review Certification process).
Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and ensures risks associated with business
activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and
controlled. Also responsible for exception reporting, testing and
maintaining access controls.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100
Best Companies to Work For, and we've ranked among Victory Media's
Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a
robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcGKT_Nxdgc) (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APwPQizcENY) (31 seconds)
* Performs object life-cycle management and administration of
access controls for a subset of Enterprise systems managed by
* Operates the Enterprise System Access Review Certification
* Assists in the implementation and maintenance of processes for
the administration of security access to new and existing USAA
* Analyzes routine access requests in partnership with
stakeholders to ensure that the access is correct and complies with
USAA guidance and industry best practices.
* Provides routine troubleshooting and incident support for IAM
* Assists in the preparation and delivery of written and verbal
briefings with recommendations to internal customers.
* Develops knowledge of USAA Information Security standards as
well as industry information security best practices, frameworks,
laws and regulations.
* Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures
for business activities.
* Provides intermediate advice and guidance on routine IAM
controls to the enterprise.
* Works under minimal supervision. Serves as a resource to less
experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine
* Bachelors Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
* 2 or more years of experience in Information Security.
Identity and Access Management and/or Information Technology to
include accountability for simple to moderately complex tasks
* 1 or more years of related experience in identity and access
management (IAM) platform administration and solutions supporting
Mainframe, Windows, Linux and/or Apple systems and Enterprise
* Developing level of business acumen in the areas of business
operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging
* 12 months recent USAA IAM Access Reviews experience
* Experience with OIA and OIG
The above description reflects the details considered necessary
to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in
the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences
to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven
cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.