Purpose of Job
USAA is looking for a Product Management Director Credit Cards
(Credit Risk Analytics) to work in San Antonio Home Office II/III,
Plano Legacy or Remote Work Environment Available.
The Retail Bank Card Experiences organization sits in the Retail
Bank organization, and is a team which focuses on meeting USAA
members credit and debit(experience) needs through developing a
suite of highly competitive and sustainable products, creating
differentiating experiences, running a well-managed card program,
and evolving the business through technology integration and
thought leadership to be able to compete in a dynamic industry. The
Product Management Director will be an important part of a new Risk
and Strategy Optimization (RSO) team within Card Experiences
organization. The director will focus on credit card pricing and
risk functions from a product management perspective. He/she will
partner closely with credit risk, finance, underwriting teams to
review current pricing and credit risk strategies, and identify
opportunities for either portfolio growth or risk optimization.
Supports the Product Management executive in the maintenance of
existing products and/or may lead in the development and launch of
less complex, new products. Responsible for delivering regular
status reports regarding various aspects of the product. Partners
with resources to gather and synthesize information used to refine
and expand product features. Collaborates with the Product
Management Support team and other internal resources to create and
disseminate information regarding changes and updates to product
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100
Best Companies to Work For, and we've ranked among Victory Media's
Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a
robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcGKT_Nxdgc) (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APwPQizcENY) (31 seconds)
* Leverages resources to gather data and member information to
support formulation of product strategy and enhance competitive
* Develops product strategy recommendations, as well as
dashboards and metrics.
* Partners with Marketing to define and implement product
* Participates in the recommendations to launch new products and
the evaluation and decision to buy/build or ally.
* Analyzes and evaluates product performance metrics to form
recommendations regarding market opportunities and product
* Leads efforts to expand or change existing product
* Contributes to decisions regarding product pricing and
* Identifies and evaluates potential providers for alliance
* Provides support regarding all aspects of Product Life
* Approves and distributes press briefings.
* Coordinates with relevant control partners (to include Legal,
Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are
designed, implemented and managed in compliance with all applicable
laws and regulations.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain,
Statistics, or related discipline or 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
* 8 or more years relevant industry experience in Actuary,
Underwriting, Marketing or Operations.
* 4 or more years direct product management experience.
* Expert knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office
* Expert experience in creating product briefings and presenting
to executive leadership.
* 5 or more years working for credit card issuers
* 3 or more years in credit risk or finance functions
* Solid analytical background with hands on experience in data
The above description reflects the details considered necessary
to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in
the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.