Metadata and Information Architect Senior
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Metadata and
Information Architect Senior for Phoenix, Tampa, Colorado, San
Antonio Home Office II/III or Remote Work Location Available.
Bank Information Risk Services team is looking to hire an
experienced Business Information Architect to partner with our
Information Management Analysts, Data Engineers, and Stewards to
ensure our data and metadata delivers value to USAA's Bank business
Holds responsibility for the development and implementation of the
information architecture to support the measuring and monitoring of
enterprise business needs. Maintains the design around the full set
of Enterprise information capabilities that support existing and
strategic business capabilities.Job Requirements
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of information governance
practices and standards.
- Demonstrates mastery of information architecture tools to
include Infosphere Data Architect (IDA), Infosphere Governance
Catalog (IGC), Infosphere Metadata Workbench to create information
- Applies advanced knowledge to perform regular assessments of
the health and maturity of information capabilities for a given
- Applies advanced knowledge to identify new information
capabilities needed to support business capabilities of a given
business domain and recommends solutions.
- Guides efforts to define the mission, goals, critical success
factors, principles, and policies for information strategy and
- Applies knowledge to reference models to information
architecture; displays knowledge/understanding of reference models
to articulate business information requirements.
- Provides key advisement to key stakeholders to build business
cases to secure approval and funding for data and analytical
- Provides key contributions toward the creation and maintenance
of a conceptual model for information capabilities for a given
- Influence direction and implementation of measurement
frameworks by monitoring measure design and development and
providing consultative services.
- Monitors business and development activities and ensures
alignment to published IS&A direction, taking appropriate
action when deviation is observed.
- Develops IS&A artifacts to include statements of direction,
logic models, decision matrices, information capabilities,
information categories, business entities, and conceptual
- Educates other practitioners on the value and practice of
IS&A; develops and nurtures healthy peer and mentee
relationships; develops effective models to convey moderately
- Collaborates with other architectural disciplines to influence
information architecture direction, technical and data design
- Identifies and recommends appropriate data sources to be used
in solution development and delivery. Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years work experience in information
management or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a
degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience.
- 6 years of experience in information and/or data architecture
to include strategy, planning, and delivery oversight; or if
Advanced degree, 4 years experience in information or data
- Previous experience with modern data architecture environments
(Cloud, Hadoop, NoSQL, etc.).
- Proven ability to embrace new technologies of the future and
operationalize these to deliver value (Data Virtualization,
- Comprehensive understanding and experience working with data
analysis tools and leveraging reporting and data analysis that
molds the way user experiences are designed.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to apply architectural
principles to business solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate
appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes
written and verbal communications as well as
- Experience in developing metadata or managing metadata
- Able to collaborate across multiple business areas
- Data Modeling knowledge including Banking Industry Data
- Proven experience in driving and implementing architecture
capabilitiesThe above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees
enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a
flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth
building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and
continuing education will assist you with your professional
goals.USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and
conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life,
including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness
centers.Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
Associated topics: cloud architect, equipment, infrastructure, ip,
maintenance, network, principal systems engineer, senior system
engineer, server, system integrator
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Metadata and Information Architect Senior, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!