Development Product Owner Lead - Life Company - San Antonio or Remote
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Purpose of JobWithin the Data & Analytics community of LifeCo.,
supporting USAA Life, Health and Annuity services, we are seeking a
Lead Development Product Owner working in the San Antonio office or
100% Remote Work Environment. This vital member will drive and
influence our portfolio and program strategy and compliance vision.
This role understands the technical capabilities and business logic
to maximize the delivery of value produced by the D&A
Represents business stakeholders to elicit, understand, analyze,
document, refine and communicate business needs, so that business
and/or technical delivery teams can build effective solutions. This
requires a detailed understanding of customer needs, as well as
business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business
value and delivery. Must be able to collaboratively work within
multiple evolving development methodologies including iterative
Agile and sequential Waterfall programs and projects, and
variations thereof. Serves as the business requirements expert,
engaging and managing the work of subject matter specialists from
the business. Serves as the day to day decision maker and provides
continual business guidance for the execution team. This position
is responsible for prioritizing the execution team`s work so that
it aligns with the sponsor's/business executive's strategies.
Leads, manages or orchestrates activities for completion and proper
documentation of business requirements and validating metrics as
appropriate for methodology and Enterprise controls. Works with the
business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to
include business operational risks. Escalates issues and develops
and recommends appropriate solutions.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA
knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security
of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This
singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at
every level.In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17 seconds) (31
- Works independently on highly complex efforts to include
multi-year journeys involving multiple teams, across
programs/portfolios and can consistently leads and provides
oversight to other DPOs on larger efforts.
- Demonstrates creativity and ingenuity in the application and
search for new solutions or evaluation of intangibles in order to
resolve highly complex and unique issues.
- Evaluates and analyze situations or problems and are expected
to exercise expert judgment in the selection of methodologies,
techniques, and evaluation criteria for achieving objectives and
- Serves as a thought leader for a specific business and
technology team, and assists management with the delegation of work
- Serves as an expert across multiple business or system domains
and leads development across multiple teams at the program and
- Identifies engages, influences and leads business stakeholders
and Subject Matter Experts across programs.
- Works with business and Enterprise stakeholders to develop and
validate business strategy.
- Partner with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate,
define and document relevant business processes, gaining an expert
understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the
- Serves as direct representative of the with delivery teams,
representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective throughout the
product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop project and
program level metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption, and
risks to operations.
- Assists with portfolio, program and project level plans related
to schedule, scope and resources.
Leads, collaborates with, and motivates cross-functional teams of
user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers,
testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment
with major program/portfolio and/or product roadmaps.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
- 8 or more years of experience in business and/or project
- Expert knowledge of multiple technical software delivery
methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall).
- Expert in Microsoft Office products and applicable
- Expert knowledge of Change Management practices.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated use of Process Engineering
methodologies. *Qualifications may warrant placement in a different
job level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- 2 or more years of experience in SAFe Agile with any of the
following credentials: SA, PMPO and/or SP
- Agile LPM knowledge or experience
- Epic/Feature/Story development/management experience
- 1 or more years of Rally and/or Jira experience
- Knowledge or analysis experience with USAA Life, Health and/or
Annuity assets or dataRelocation assistance is notavailable for
this position.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.For Internal
Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current position (from date
of hire or date of placement) or must have manager s approval prior
to posting.Last day to apply to the opening is 9/23/20 by 11:59 pm
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Development Product Owner Lead - Life Company - San Antonio or Remote, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!