Location: San Antonio
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Life Actuary
for the San Antonio Home Office I.
Coordinates, prepares and performs actuarial analyses required to
develop new products, project future results, reprice existing
products, and/or determine financial strength. Performs complex
work assignments and problem resolution under limited
- About USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the
financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their
families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative
thinking at every level.In each of the past five years, we've been
a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked
among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17 seconds) (31 seconds)Job
- Performs complex work assignments utilizing actuarial modeling
software driven models for pricing, valuation, and/or risk
management; under minimal supervision.
- Enters data and tables, runs models, and generates
- May make adjustments and improvements to models, when
- Shares knowledge with team members and serves as a key resource
to less experienced team members on escalated issues and navigates
obstacles to deliver work product.
- Serves as a key resource on projects involving cross functional
- Manages and oversees complex projects involving cross
functional actuarial areas.
- Leads moderately complex projects through concept, planning,
execution, and implementation phases with minimal guidance.
- Reviews and produces reporting with great attention to
- Identifies and resolves reporting problems independently and
improves reporting processes and controls.
- Maintains proper price level, price structure, data
availability and other requirements to achieve profitability and
- Identifies critical experience areas to monitor and suggest
timely remedies to correct or prevent unfavorable trends.
- Identifies sources of gain and loss by product and
- Tests impact of assumptions and the appropriate premiums,
interest margins, reserves, and cash values for profitability and
viability of new and existing products.
- Advises management on issues and serves as a primary resource
for cross functional team members on escalated issues of a unique
- Bachelor's Degree; 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- Minimum of 4 years relevant business or analytical
- Attainment of Society of Actuaries Fellowship OR ASA with a
minimum of 4 years experience.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be
required.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Asset-Liability modeling experience
- Programming experienceThe above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.USAA also offers a variety of on-site
services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal
life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three
fitness centers.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have
manager s approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 6/02/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: actuarial, actuarial assistant, actuarial
consultant, actuary consultant, analyst, associate actuary,
investment actuary, probability, retirement actuary,
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Life Actuary, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!