Development Product Owner II
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Purpose of JobServes as a direct representative of the business
on an agile team. Attains, understands, and communicates business
vision and needs in order to write and refine user stories,
prioritize work, and provide guidance to technical teams. Uses
critical thinking, problem solving, and Agile principles to partner
with business owners, subject matter experts, and the development
team to build effective solutions. Possesses developing knowledge
and understanding of and ability to work within multiple delivery
methodologies, including Agile and other approaches, to deliver
business value.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means
to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17
seconds) (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Works with business and Subject Matter Experts to understand
business strategy and vision and then writes, refines, prioritizes
and accepts stories to support effective and compliant solutions
while balancing investment and business value.
- Owns and maintains a prioritized work backlog for one or more
Agile teams. Product backlog includes complete user stories with
acceptance criteria so that they are consumable and testable by the
Agile team or program. Reviews and accepts output of I/T and/or
business development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have
- Serves as direct representative of the business with one or
more delivery teams, representing the customers' perspective
throughout the product delivery cycle.
- Participates in a cross-functional team of user experience
partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and
others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program
and/or product road maps.
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate the
translation of business requirements from relevant business
processes, gaining a developing understanding of the needs,
measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Partners with change partners to assist in preparing the
business for the change and provides tactics and metrics for
benefits, adoption, and risk. Leverages existing change management
routines, as needed.
- Adheres to required Enterprise processes, procedures, controls,
standards, tools and templates.
- Executes robust test plan (user acceptance testing, production
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.Minimum Experience:
- 2 years of relevant experience in process improvement, project
delivery, business/requirements analysis or business
- Developing knowledge of Microsoft Office products, applicable
databases and project management tools.
- Knowledge of multiple technical software delivery methodologies
(i.e., Agile, Waterfall).
- Developing knowledge in translating business requirements into
functional specifications or decomposing features into IT
- Knowledge of Process Engineering methodologies and Change
- Ability to analyze business requirements and ability to
identify opportunities to streamline business processes in
accordance with risk management framework and regulatory
- Basic analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated
ability to identify, analyze, synthesize issues and
solutions/decisions to drive decisions.*Qualifications may warrant
placement in a different job level*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not able to change your responses.Preferred Experience:
- Experience working with Financial Institutions, Financial
Services or other regulated industriesThe above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
package in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.USAA also offers a
variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage
your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
10/08/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Development Product Owner II, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!