Development Product Owner - Senior Level (Remote Work Environment Available)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Development
Product Owner - Senior Level (Remote Work Environment Available)
for the San Antonio Home Office I.
Serves as a direct representative of the business on an agile team.
Attains, understands, and communicates business vision and needs in
order to write and refine user stories, prioritize work, and
provide guidance to technical teams. Uses critical thinking,
problem solving, and Agile principles to partner with business
owners, subject matter experts, and the development team to build
effective solutions. Possesses an advanced knowledge and
understanding of and ability to work within multiple delivery
methodologies, including Agile and other approaches, to deliver
This position is available in the San Antonio Home Office, Plano,
Phoenix, or 100% Remote Work Environment.Job RequirementsAbout
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly-- Employers 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17 seconds) (31
seconds)ABOUT USAA RISK ManagementUSAA is a growing financial
services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an
important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and
in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of
Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across
USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the
incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management
affords you the ability to be a part of USAA's noble mission on a
daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Works with business and Subject Matter Experts to understand
business strategy and vision and then writes, refines, accepts and
prioritizes stories and/or features to support effective and
compliant solutions while balancing investment and business
- Owns and maintains a prioritized work backlog for one or more
Agile teams. Product backlog includes complete user stories with
acceptance criteria so that they are consumable and testable by the
Agile team or program. Reviews and accepts output of I/T and/or
business development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have
- Serves as direct representative of the business with one or
more delivery teams, representing the customers' perspective
throughout the product delivery cycle.
- Participates in a cross-functional team of user experience
partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and
others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program
and/or product road maps.
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate,
define and document relevant business processes, gaining an
advanced understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls
for the improvement area.
- Prepares the business for the change and provides tactics and
metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk. Leverages existing change
management routines, as needed.
- Works with different technologies, internal and external to
have oversight of development, testing and controls.
- Applies advanced knowledge in the business
development/execution discipline, regularly seeking out
opportunities to enhance, improve and advance the function.
- Coaches and mentors other Product Owners.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in multiple business or system
domains and capable of leading development across multiple teams at
the project or program level.Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree. (4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 6 years of experience in process improvement, project delivery,
business/requirements analysis or directly related to supported
business operations/product line.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, applicable
databases and product management tools.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery
methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall, SAFe).
- Advanced experience analyzing business requirements, process
flows and use cases to identify opportunities to streamline
business processes in accordance with risk management framework and
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated use of Process Engineering
- Advanced ability to independently work to gather business
requirements, process flows and use cases to develop and deliver on
business capabilities within the approved methodology, writing user
stories, and following the development process through user story
- Experience in analyzing business requirements and ability to
identify opportunities to drive decisions and streamline business
processes in accordance with risk management framework and
regulatory requirements.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a
different job level*When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Preferred Skills:
- Extensive experience managing agile teams of data
- Extensive experience managing large scale, highly complex and
cross-functional data warehouse development efforts
- Expert in all aspects of waterfall and agile project management
with applicable certifications
- Expert knowledge of the data development lifecycle / related IT
processes and Information Governance requirements
- Extensive experience working with partners in Information
Governance, Data / Information Architects and ensuring execution of
dependent processes with multiple Business / IT teams across a
highly complex organizational structure
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, influence outcomes
with all levels of management and ensure execution to time
- Self-starter who is a highly effective communicator, well
organized and proactiveThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.USAA also offers a variety of on-site services
and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life,
including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness
centers.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have
manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 11/03/20 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Development Product Owner - Senior Level (Remote Work Environment Available), Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!