Jr Escrow Officer
Company: States Title
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Meet North American Title
North American Title Company (NATC) is a seasoned Real Estate
settlement company with over 60 years of expertise. Through its
family companies - North American Title Insurance & States Title -
we are able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the
With support from NATC, States Title is intelligently transforming
the closing process by applying machine intelligence to the age-old
processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry.
As we partner and innovate, we are making residential real estate
simple and efficient by allowing lenders to close more loans,
faster, and at a lower cost. Our team is rapidly expanding coverage
and introducing groundbreaking predictive title solutions. We
expect to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year!
This industry is only growing and we are ambitious enough to dare
and keep up!
- Customer Obsessed - We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven - We solve problems that other people are
- People leaders - We grow all our people into leaders.
- One Team - We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best
- Direct with Respect - We communicate with honesty and respect
to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Under general supervision and direction of an Escrow Officer or
Escrow Manager, prepares escrow instructions, draws or directs the
drawing of documents, requests issuance of title policies and the
disbursement of funds, and otherwise assists Escrow Officer, escrow
principals and/or their lenders. Reconciles escrow instructions
with preliminary title report or title commitment. Provides related
office support as required.
- Prepares or follows escrow instructions consistent with the
require--ments of the parties and obtains their approval. Estimates
the amount of money required to close escrow and obtains buyers'
and sellers' deposits.
- Reviews preliminary title report or commitment to verify
vesting and legal description.
- Compares exceptions shown in title report or commitment with
buyers', sellers' and lenders' instructions for possible liens or
encumbrances not authorized in escrow or lender
- Consults with Title Officer, Escrow Officer, lender and/or
principals in reconciling discrepancies between instructions and
title report or commitment, modifying escrow instructions or
obtaining release of liens and other encumbrances as directed.
- Orders beneficiary statements or demands, for insurance
policies, deeds of trust, reconveyances and other documents.
Prepares or directs the preparation of authorized documents,
insuring proper execution and recording of same.
- Prorates or directs the pro-ration of taxes, fire insur--ance,
loan, brokers' commissions and other charges.
- Requests the issuance of title policies or other evidence of
- Escrow bookkeeping.
- Works with title department to process orders.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
Above all, we are a dynamic team looking for energy and a results
driven mindset to provide unique value as we transform the Title
and Insurance processes!
What you should bring to the table as our Ideal Escrow
- Computer, e-mail, word processing knowledge and experience
- Escrow experience required.
- Real estate knowledge helpful.
- Notary Public Commission helpful
- Customer Service Skills
What NAT Brings To The Table
- Benefits for Full-time Employees including: medical, dental,
vision, commuter benefits, as well as many other cutting edge
employee options not typically found on the market
- Trusting and motivating management as a result of a unique
- Continuous training and growth opportunities
- A company partnered with Giants of the industry to support your
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: States Title, San Antonio , Jr Escrow Officer, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!