Data Scientist II (Remote Optional)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Data Scientist II for
our San Antonio facility. This person may also work remotely in a
100% Remote Work Environment.
Within defined guidelines and framework, uses techniques that
integrate traditional and non-traditional datasets and method to
enable analytical solutions. Applies predictive analytics, machine
learning, simulation, and optimization techniques to generate
management insights and enable customer-facing applications;
participates in building analytical solutions leveraging internal
and external applications to deliver value and create competitive
advantage. Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to
The candidate selected for this position will work with the Chief
Administrative Office---s Enterprise Data Spoke. As such, we engage
in AI/ML modeling efforts for contracting, security, cybersecurity,
enterprise risk, IT operations, the innovations office, and other
Enterprise offices lacking modeling capability. Much of the work is
replacing monotonous tasks with machines achieving returns on
investment of 20:1 or higher. We also engaged in state-of-the-
research with Universities to deliver new capabilities to the
enterprise.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.USAA Careers ---
World Class Benefits (31 seconds)--Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- In partnership with SMEs, learns to define the business problem
and works with experienced data scientists to select the
- Extracts features from structured and unstructured data
(internal and external).
- With guidance, conducts advanced analytics: predictive
modeling, Machine Learning, and optimization.------
- Works with Data Engineering/IT partners to develop
architectures for new products, services, and features.
- Explains complex models and outcomes to colleagues who are not
data scientists.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor---s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics,
Quantitative Economics, Statistics, or related field.--
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 2 years of related experience and accountability for complex
tasks and/or projects.
- Proficient knowledge of the function/discipline and
demonstrated application of knowledge, skills, and abilities
towards work products.
- Proficient level of business acumen in the areas of the
business operations, industry practices and emerging trends.
- Strong coding skills in the dominant scripting language (such
- Deep academic understanding of model assumptions.-- Solid grasp
of statistics and mathematics.
- Proficient knowledge of Data Science principals and experience
with data science methodologies.
- When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions.-- This will take approximately 5
minutes.-- Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Natural language processing skills
- Deep learning skills
- Experience with Python and/or R
- The above description reflects the details considered necessary
to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective
process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure
we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based
on your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $66,300 - $119,500* (this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work
location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average.-- Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours.----Benefits:--At USAA our employees
enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial,
and emotional wellness.-- These benefits include comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance,
parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with
paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs.-- Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals. Please
click on the link below for more details.USAA Total
RewardsRelocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Data Scientist II (Remote Optional), Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!