Company: ElectriCom Inc
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Location: San Antonio, TXSalary Interval: Hourly
Position DescriptionElectriCom, a Utility Construction company, was
founded in 1960 in Paoli, Indiana. ElectriCom has experienced
continuous growth since its inception. The company takes pride in
focusing on family values both in the workplace and with its
customer base. ElectriCom seeks employees with the ability and
desire to work for a progressive company. ElectriCom offers a
competitive package for both wages and benefits. Employees who show
quality performance will have the opportunity for advancement and
further development of skills. This positionwill be based out of
the San Antonio, TX area andwill report directly to the Safety and
Risk Manager of the West region. This position will be responsible
for the coordination of ElectriCom's operational safety and health
programs, while partnering with field leadership in developing,
implementing, and enforcing company safety policies in compliance
with federal, state, and local regulations. Job duties include but
are not limited to performing job site safety audits, job hazard
analysis's, conducting various safety trainings, participating in
incident investigations, and effectively communicate safety-related
information throughout the company. We are looking for dedicated,
self-motivated, well-organized individuals with previous experience
working on construction projects and in a safety leadership
- Maintain thorough and updated knowledge of OSHA, DOT, and other
regulations as it relates to safety and health in the utility
- Conduct safety training to employees on various safety topics
required by OSHA.
- Conduct and complete accurate, timely job site safety
observations to ensure the resolution of safety-related
- Conduct incident injury investigations with the Regional Safety
and Risk Manager to determine the root cause and be able to
- Interact frequently with the Regional Safety and Risk Manager,
operational leadership, and company employees regarding the
ElectriCom safety program and other activities to effectively
facilitate building a positive safety culture.
- Prioritize work and travel schedule as appropriate.
- Be able to work independently.
- Responsible for planning, developing, and implementation of
his/her work activities with direction from the Regional Safety and
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with construction field
managers to address safety-related findings, concerns, or
- Routine training as assigned (LMS, OSHA-10 hour,
- An Associate or Bachelor degree in a safety or
construction-related area is preferred.
- Must have prior professional experience in a safety leadership
- Must be proficient in computer skills (including Microsoft
- OSHA 510 or 500 certified (1926) highly desirable.
- Instructor Certification in First Aid, CPR highly
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations.
- OSHA Construction 30 hour training desired.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and contribute to a positive,
safe, high-quality culture.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication
- Must be comfortable speaking in group settings.
- Expected travel up to 60% of working days
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a satisfactory
- Ability to pass background/drug screening before hiring.Equal
Opportunity EmployerElectriCom is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national
origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability, marital status,
veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis
prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona fide
Keywords: ElectriCom Inc, San Antonio , Safety Specialist, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!