Pay Rate: $10.00 - $12.00 per hour
Basic Function: To deliver quality customer service, receive
payment from customers for parking services and facilitate the flow
of traffic through the gate
- Responsible for arriving at work every scheduled day, on time
and in a neat and clean uniform.
- Courteously assist customers by answering any questions they
may have in a courteous manner.
- Gives directions and is knowledgeable of surroundings to inform
customers of various locations in the city
- Control traffic at entrances and exits as needed.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of
Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the
Facility or Senior Manager.
- Communicate debris, water, oil spills and etc. to Facility or
- Have a thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and
freeways in the area of the lot.
- Practice the Three Keys to Customer Satisfaction including the
Five Customer Service Behaviors to ensure successful customer
- Count "bank" money at the beginning of the shift to verify
- Collect cash and/or coupons and maintain security of cash
- Make change and issue receipts or tickets to customers for each
- Verify shift transactions against money on hand and complete
cashier shift report.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience Required: Less than High School education
or one month related experience, training or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will
vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable,
availability to work 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be a
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write
simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information
in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, two digit numbers
and multiply and divide
with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using
units of American money.
Appearance: Employees will be required to maintain a neat and
clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to handle cash and
equipment. The employee is required to work outside in varying
weather conditions (cold, rainy, snowy, harsh, hot, humid). The
employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and
practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job
classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual
orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected
by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or
retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these
characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO