Construction Manager - Remote
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together
to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following
duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable
- Supervise/Manage new construction projects.
- Review construction phasing, schedules, and monitoring budgets
- Establish and track project budgets, construction schedules,
and all construction costs.
- Review feasibility analysis, permitting, design and
construction of new stores & special projects.
- Expedites development timelines by interacting with and
providing guidance to outside Architects, Engineers, General
Contractors and Governmental Agencies.
- Review sign exhibits with an emphasis on the company's best
- Monitors progress and quality of construction by regularly
scheduled site visits providing functional expertise and counsel to
- Leads and/or participates in daily/weekly new store development
calls with various team members to include but not limited to; Real
Estate - Operations - Design - Construction - Store Planning -
Merchandising - Signing - Assist in the development of, and read &
interpret said documents and instructions from vendors and other
- Ability to perform work activities requiring cooperation and
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work within the appropriate level of
- Travel on a regular basis to assigned locations. Overnight
travel by plane and car could be up to 50% of the time.
Direct supervision of General Contractors and outside vendors to
include hiring, training, assignment delegation and follow up.
While most job functions are performed while seated indoors with
little or no exposure to hazards, the Project Manager will
frequently be required to travel nationally. Travel could include
overnight stays from one to five nights. The Project Manager will
often visit construction sites and be exposed to the hazards common
- A minimum of a High School education.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management
and/or Architecture preferred.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and proof of insurance,
and have the ability to acquire rental cars, accommodations on
other incidental expenses common to out of town travel Work
- Knowledge of all key architecture, engineering, and
construction management principles associated with multi-unit
- Ability to establish timelines & budgets and to be able to
manage against same.
- Ability to frequently prioritize and re-prioritize activities
based on changing needs of the projects and management input.
- Experience and productive execution in cost estimating and
- Working knowledge of MS Software to include but not limited to
Word, Excel, and MS Project.
- Must have organizational and communication skills and the
ability to interact with personnel at all levels.
- 5 years of progressively responsible knowledge & experience
related to project management with focus on retail and restaurants
with a high volume company including plumbing, mechanical, and
Work Experience (Preferred):
- Preferred working knowledge of Projectmates Construction
management software. - Experience with "on-line" project management
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected
veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Keywords: PetCo, San Antonio , Construction Manager - Remote, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!