Cashier/Greeter (Full Time) - Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk
Company: InterContinental Hotels Group
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Do you see yourself as a Cashier? What's your passion? Whether
you're into tennis, painting or gardening, at IHG we're interested
in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care
and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put
our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking
for more people like this to join our friendly and professional
The Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk is located in the center
of downtown San Antonio. Our hotel is nestled along the beautiful
banks of the San Antonio Riverwalk, as well as steps away from
beautiful historical landmarks in the downtown area.
Your day to day may include:
- Receive payments and process transactions according to
established policies and procedures; give correct change; balance
cash drawer at close of shift; complete all opening/closing
paperwork; document voids on void balance sheet.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with other departments.
- Greet guests in a prompt and courteous manner; seat guests
ensuring a balanced workload among servers. Maintain accurate
waiting list as needed. Alert guests when table is available.
- May be asked to handle guest complaints and special
- May process take-out orders; may answer room service phone and
process room service orders; practice up-selling techniques.
- May routinely clear and reset tables and assist with opening
tasks such as assigning stations to servers.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
Basic reading, writing and math skills and 6 months cash
handling experience or food service experience.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds (plates,
utensils, menus, etc.)
- Handling food objects, products and utensils
- Using a keyboard
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time
when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or
valid health/food handler card as required by local or state
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking
orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and
credit, quantities, and variances.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe
the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are
not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits
package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision,
disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan.
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide
variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great
team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be
yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us
how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females /
Disabled / Veterans.
Keywords: InterContinental Hotels Group, San Antonio , Cashier/Greeter (Full Time) - Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!