Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Financial Accountant I for our San
Antonio, TX facility. This person may also work remotely in a100%
Remote Work Environment.
Executes moderately complex to complex accounting functions,
including preparation and review of journal entries and account
reconciliations, preparation of financial results for internal and
external purposes, audit support, and financial analysis. Performs
in an advisory capacity to operational business leaders on matters
pertaining to business initiatives or strategies. Serves as subject
matter expert for less experienced team members, and resolves
issues and navigates obstacles to deliver results.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Applies GAAP, STAT and regulatory accounting treatment to
complex accounting transactions, and demonstrates understanding of
- Communicates processes and procedures, financial results and
analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs in an advisory capacity to operational business
leaders on matters pertaining to business initiatives or
- Leads special projects and coordinates with key stakeholders to
ensure timely completion.
- Collaborates and maintains strong relationships with business
- Acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of the business to
resolve issues and provide informed, proactive reporting and
analysis to enable effective decision making.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools.
- Facilitates and reviews internal controls to ensure an
effective and efficient financial system.
- Provides guidance and shares knowledge with less experienced
- Serves as subject matter expert on projects related to
accounting systems, legal structures, new product launches and
other initiatives, ensuring compliance with accounting and
- May participate in the RFP process.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements that further
departmental goals and objectives.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, OR a Bachelor's
degree in another field coupled with a Certified Public Accountant
(CPA) designation required OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
- 4 or more years of relevant work experience performing standard
accounting functions including preparing and reviewing journal
entries, account reconciliations and preparing financial results
for internal and external purposes or other similar
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP, STAT and regulatory accounting
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with other team
members and stakeholders across CFO and the Enterprise.
- Proficient knowledge of data analysis techniques and
- Proficient knowledge of relevant technical accounting and
- Proficient knowledge in applicable Microsoft Office
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- P&C industry experience.
- Strong technical accounting skillset and Accounting degree is
- Team oriented with experience navigating a fast-paced
The above description reflects the details considered necessary
to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is: $60,300 -
$108,600*( this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
- Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support
their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits
include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k),
pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance,
paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer
hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education assists employees with their
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.