Location: San Antonio
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for the leadership and oversight of an engineering
group charged with support of a defined area of the San Antonio
Operation. Direct reports will typically include 5 to 12
engineers/specialists. This position will be responsible for the
maintenance of engineering related metrics; communicating status
and priority; escalation and resolution of problems; and
development of direct reports. The successful candidate will
participate in developing and implementing policies and procedures
at the site and advising on key strategic decisions.
- Meets on a recurring basis with their responsible team to
assign tasks, set priorities, share information, and resolve
- Responsible for communicating the status of their team to
operations and other functions as required, and identifying
operational constraints to target for correction.
- Generates metrics over Key Performance Indicators, and
developing corrective actions when metrics don't meet site
- Participate in site functional meeting to develop action plans
to set engineering policy and identify improvement targets.
- Manages engineering projects, ensures that projects are
appropriately resources based on their priority. Escalates as
required to support constraints as early as they are known.
- Monitors the progress of on-going projects, makes
recommendations for improving the process to meet the needs of the
end-users, performs job cost reporting, budget analysis and
reporting of overall project control.
- Generates ideas for engineering initiatives to reduce cost,
improve TAT, and improve quality/flight safety.
- Monitors the engineering budget for their group, and generates
AOP submittals as required by finance.
- Spends a portion of their time performing the duties of an
engineer within the group.
- Determines if assistance is required from outside contractors,
initiates arrangements, provides technical data and assists
contractors with related support services.
- Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development,
performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline,
health, safety and the general employee relations of direct
- Carries out special projects as assigned. Technical
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership,
interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication
- Strong project management skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access,
- Working knowledge of production management computer
- Thorough knowledge of company instruction, company process and
- University degree in an engineering discipline; or
- Extensive experience in an engineering discipline, including
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
Keywords: StandardAero, San Antonio , Manager, Engineering, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!