Member Experience Representative
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit,
charitable organization committed to strengthening community
through youth development, healthy living and social
responsibility. Under the general guidance of the Director of
Administration and the Solution Center, this position is
responsible for electronic and telephonic engagement with members
and participants & maintenance of member and participant accounts,
including accounts receivable recovery, input of joins and
registrations, and maintenance of accounts. The Solution Center
maintains records in accordance with state, city, and YMCA
standards and policies. The Member Experience Representative will
also serve in the Support Center call center, answering member and
program participant inquires related to services offered across the
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture.
In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities
with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming:
we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become.
We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality.
We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to
become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support
you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are
determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to
make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Provide high-quality telephone customer service to members and
program participants or persons inquiring about YMCA membership and
- Provide information and assistance to branch and youth
- Responsible for updating notes in customer records as well as
call outcomes for future reference and statistical reporting.
- Respond to incoming chat and email inquiries from the
- Assist in revenue recovery efforts by employing multiple
communication methods (robo call, phone call, email, etc.).
- Process account maintenance as needed including adjustments,
refunds, enrollments, cancellations, waitlists, and payment
- Responsible for meeting monthly campaign quotas and reaching
out to assigned member and participant groups.
- Be prepared to answer a high volume of inbound traffic
resulting from outbound appeals for sales and renewals.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports as assigned.
- Maintain accurate 3rd party records through data entry,
auditing and reporting.
- Back up Association office front desk as assigned.
- Communicate closely with with branch and youth development
staff to be knowledgeable of any happenings and/or promotions and
advise of trends garnered from communications with members.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Functional Expertise
- Communication & Influence
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years of prior customer service experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Must possess a positive demeanor to handle multi-tasking and
- Must have outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are
- Employee must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software
including Word and Excel. Must have experience with or obtain
proficiency within 30 days of hire on ActiveNet software. Must be
able to word process at 30wpm.
- Certifications required within the first week of hire: Redwoods
Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazardous Communications, and Defensive
- Certifications required within the first 60 days of hire: YMCA
approved basic life saving skills such as CPR, First Aid, AED, and
- A Texas Drivers license is required as well as capacity to
drive to various locations within the greater San Antonio
- Work is performed in a fast-paced office environment.
- Visual acuity is required for reading computer screens and/or
documents and making changes as necessary/required.
- This position requires analytical abilities and multitasking in
order to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Job requires accuracy and attention to detail, organizational,
and time management skills, while maintaining high levels of
initiative in order to work within deadlines.
- Incumbent must be able to use keyboards, telephone keypads, and
- Uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and
skills in technology.
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
Keywords: YMCA, San Antonio , Member Experience Representative, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!