Procurement Project Manager
Company: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Description Summary
Surgical Specialties Territory Manager - This field based Sales
role will be based in Orange County.
The BD Interventional Surgery Division offers a broad range of
infection prevention and biosurgery products, including ChloraPrep
Skin Prep, Arista Absorbable Hemostat, Avitene, and Progel Air Leak
The Territory Manager (TM) will manage a territory base and
expand the sales of BD products using a balanced selling approach
that involves a focus on key differentiating products, programs and
services within the infection prevention and Biosurgery space. The
TM is responsible for attaining sales goals established by the
Company within the designated territory budget, increasing sales of
current accounts, and establishing new accounts.
- The Territory Manager will be responsible for supporting BD's
Infection Prevention and Biosurgery products with physicians,
clinicians, materials management and other key decision makers.
Other essential functions of the position include:
- Presents, educates, and provides in-services on the
process/procedure of properly using the Company's products to
surgeons, OR staff, and other individuals. These duties include,
but not limited to:
- Providing on-site technical support during procedures to ensure
proper use of the products. Training and educating physicians and
hospital staff on the use of the products. Ensuring surgeons and
staff have the most current product information available. Ensuring
effective utilization of the products by all trained surgeons
- Maintains thorough knowledge and capabilities of BD's products,
channels, and methods of distribution.
- Responsible for meeting territory sales and profitability
- Responsible for developing new prospects and establishing new
- Informs customers of new and current products, back orders,
general order status, current pricing structure, company policy
changes, and forecasts for new needs.
- Achieves prompt, mutually satisfactory solution to customers'
- Keeps promises and appointments. Exercises courtesy and ethical
manners at all times.
- Attends customers' meetings and trade shows with
- Informs District Manager and Franchise of significant market
changes, competitive activity, customers' credit status, and needed
company policy changes. Should be thoroughly knowledgeable of
competitive distribution, discounts, local terms, strategy,
including strengths and weaknesses.
- Maintains equipment, advertising, and promotional matter in a
presentable and orderly manner
- Completes all paperwork on time and thoroughly; Keeps accurate
up-to date account records; Utilizes sales funnel to set goals and
target accounts; Devises and follows route plan guided by
customers' buying habits, current volume of orders, location of
prospects, and competitive circumstances.
- Proper use of productive selling time; i.e., calls in late
afternoon with a minimum of three O.R.s per day and four surgeon
contacts per day. Doctors not available at the hospital will be
contacted in their office
- Acquires comprehensive knowledge of prices, discounts,
availability of each product and competition according to quality
- Maintains adequate supply of promotional tools (samples,
- Must have all basic product knowledge and acquire knowledge of
all new products added to the line and apply this knowledge to
adequately conduct in-service education to all hospitals
- Stays within expense budget
- Knows and effectively uses selling presentations as well as
standard answers to objections
- Continually increases knowledge of trends (business,
technological, sociological), sales skills, promotion techniques,
information on new product, and sales forecasting
- Maintains relationships with the District Manager, fellow
Territory Managers, and customers
- Plans sales calls on a continuous basis and organizes time for
effective coverage of the territory. A daily written plan is to be
- Develops thorough knowledge of company policies and the ability
to interpret them to customers and prospects
- Maintains the company car in a clean, orderly, and serviceable
- Uses to the best advantage nurses lectures, journal club
meetings, local seminars, resident lectures, hospital displays and
evaluation committee product presentations
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline
- A minimum of 2 - 3 years of relevant sales experienced is
- Operating room sales/medical device experience is
- Documentation of successful sales performance is required.
- The ability to work in an operating room environment is
- Strong interpersonal, oral, communication, organizational and
- Must possess and maintain a valid drivers' license and a
driving record satisfactory to the Company. Driving records may be
monitored on an annual basis or as needed.
- Must poses and maintain a criminal background satisfactory to
BD. Criminal backgrounds may be monitored on an annual basis or as
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with Internal
Customers - Sales Training, Marketing, National Accounts, Customer
Service, Contracts, Field Sales Team and External Customers - KOLs,
Surgeons, Physicians, Nurses, and Sourcing.
- Thorough understanding of the needs/analysis approach to
- Understands contract administration and group purchasing.
- Must live within assigned region
- Travel - Approximately 80% of work time will be spent
traveling, including overnight.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license
and meet BD's auto safety standards.
Additional Desirable Qualification Skills and Knowledge:
- Procedure knowledge adequate to illustrate convincingly the
benefits of BD's products.
- Basic anatomy - Ability to discuss the various products in
relation to the human body.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex,
creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or
domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics,
disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other
Primary Work Location
USA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
Keywords: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), San Antonio , Procurement Project Manager, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!