Sr Business Development Manager - Military Health and Veterans Affairs
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Leidos has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior
Business Development Manager focused on our Military Health and
Veterans Affairs business.
You will be expected to continue to build the Leidos
reputation and business pipeline, executing the BD process,
maintaining a high win probability, and growing business within the
The selected individual will be held accountable for
identification, qualification and capture of business development
opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline
growth necessary to meet or exceed the Division’s and Operation’s
forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will plan and
recommend BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer
and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth.
**Telecommuting is available for this position.
- Proactively identify new business
- Perform market research to qualify new business
opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, capabilities
required, current customer preferences, competitive environment
assessments, and incumbent strengths and
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with customers,
competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on
requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and
contract vehicle choices.
- Work with program and management team in call plan
development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow
up activities after plan execution.
- Serve as Capture Manager for selected opportunities,
either all the way to award or in the early capture
- Participate as required in the Leidos business
development process, including pipeline reviews, opportunity gate
reviews, black hat sessions, and proposal
- Collaborate with Leidos Account Managers, IDIQ PMs, other
BD personnel and capture and line management to support cross
enterprise objectives and customer engagement.
- Support overall strategic planning and linking
pursuits/capture activities which support the business development
metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline..
- Interact routinely with various levels of management,
functional leads, other staff, and customers.
- Brief business development status to senior management
when material changes occur and as required by the Leidos business
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in related technical field, and
12+ years in a Business Development position. (Additional
education, training or experience may be considered in lieu of
- Proven track record of successful business development at a
variety of acquisition sizes.
- Demonstrated access to key customers and industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant
BD activities, including building industry teams, assessing win
probability, and executing customer call plans.
- Prior experience supporting business development and capture
efforts for Health agencies.
- Candidates must be US Citizens and be eligible to obtain a
- A technical degree is highly desired.
- Strong, respected relationships within the Health IT
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with
limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working
relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in
the Group and across Leidos.
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, San Antonio , Sr Business Development Manager - Military Health and Veterans Affairs, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!