Surgical Technologist Certified - PRN
Company: Christus Health
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: October 12, 2021
This position is responsible for preparing and passing
instruments and equipment for assigned surgical procedures in
accordance with hospital and department standards and is
responsible for carrying out identified patient care needs
delegated by an RN, Physician or Manager/Supervisor. This position
fulfills scrub role for patients undergoing complex specialty
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Completion of surgical technology program is
- A minimum of five years experience is required.
- Ability to proficiently scrub 3 specialty areas including but
not limited to: Transplants, Open Heart, Urology, Neurology,
Titanium Rib, Robotics etc. is required.
- Current CPR certification is required..
- Must have completed an accredited surgical technology education
program AND hold the certification.
- Must have completed an appropriate technologist certification
training program in the U.S. military or U.S. Public Health
Service. OR 4. Surgical Technologist must have been employed to
practice in health care facilities prior to 9/1/09.
- Must have knowledge of aseptic technique and be able to
competently practice aseptic technique.
- Must demonstrate competency to monitor and control the surgical
- Have the knowledge and ability to operate various types of
sterilizing equipment, surgical power equipment, endoscopic
equipment, as well as complex instrument systems.
- Must be able to perform as a team member and work in a
collaborative relationship with other staff and
- Computer skills very helpful. 6. Must be able to handle
multiple demands in the surgical suite.
- Constant walking, talking, and standing.
- Must be able to assist in lifting and moving patients and
pushing and pulling heavy equipment.
- Modern surrounding with air-conditioned
- Frequently changing workload.
- Potential for cuts, bruises, muscle strains, exposure to
contagious diseases via blood and body fluids. Potential exposure
to anesthetic waste gases, harsh disinfectants, sterilizing agents
and radiological environment.
- May be asked to work overtime with little or no advance
- May be asked to be available for stand-by/on-call
- Must also successfully complete the pre-employment/post job
offer health screening examination, and the annual screening each
year thereafter as an employee.
Per Diem As Needed
Keywords: Christus Health, San Antonio , Surgical Technologist Certified - PRN, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!