Associate Marketing Manager
Company: Gables Search Group
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Job Title: Associate Marketing Manager/Category
Development – Consumer Products
Summary: This role is responsible for driving
category management principles through the application of proactive
data analytics and consumer/shopper insights for the Consumer
Products, categories. A key area of focus will be the development
of high impact, insight-based recommendations that identify brand,
category and customer strategies to win in the marketplace.
Additional responsibilities include assisting with brand and
marketing initiatives as assigned.
- Prepare in-depth analysis of segment-specific data to
understand business performance and contribute strategic insight
and recommendations to the marketing and sales teams, including
measurement, quantification and evaluation of the success of
various marketing, retail and supply chain initiatives.
- Identify customer/category trends, cross-category dynamics,
department best practices, consumer purchasing insights, customer
business results, category management and opportunities for
- Assist in continuous enhancement of an effective and efficient
reporting system designed to leverage category management and
primary and secondary information resources.
- Act as primary liaison to IRI and internal SME for Market
Advantage and Unify
- Develop and deliver monthly reports and/or requested data
- Provide IRI training and assistance
- Develop skills to utilize other resources as required such as
BI, Datassential, NPD, etc.
- Facilitate the integration of category insights for brand and
- Use insights to develop optimal assortment and planograms for
our categories and brands.
- Develop new item and core distribution guidance based on
category and shopper insights.
- Assist with trade planning and ROI analysis of trade and
- Complete ongoing competitive pricing analysis to support
develop of category/brand pricing strategy
- Research and provide information on consumer and market trends
on an ongoing basis.
- Provide support for brand marketing programs and other priority
projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business or Marketing concentration
- MBA or post graduate work in Marketing would be a plus.
- 4 – 6 years CPG experience in marketing and/or sales with a
food manufacturing organization in the Retail/Grocery Industry
- Prefer 2 years of experience in category management, market
research, and/or syndicated data analytics.
- Thorough understanding of retail information databases (IRI,
Nielsen, Retail Link, etc.) for statistical modeling, category
management, consumer marketing, trade marketing and sales
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to turn
data/information into insights and recommendations
- Proven success/experience in the key disciplines of brand
marketing, tactics and programs.
- Knowledge of multiple digital disciplines including but not
limited to web, search, mobile, data and analytics.
- Demonstrated leadership and possesses the ability to develop
- Must be able to persuade functional departments to take action
without authority over these groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Data base management and optimized utilization.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, San Antonio , Associate Marketing Manager, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!