Patient Financial Representative - Commercial Biller
Company: Christus Health
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: October 14, 2021
The associate is responsible for the duties and services that
are of a support nature to the Revenue Cycle division of CHRISTUS
Health. The associate ensures that all processes are performed in a
timely and efficient manner. The primary purpose of this position
is to perform tasks that support account resolution and
reconciliation of outstanding balances for CHRISTUS Health patient
accounts. The position works in a cooperative team environment to
provide value to internal and external customers. The associate
carries out his/her duties by adhering to the highest standards of
ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest of CHRISTUS
Health and fully supports CHRISTUS Health's Mission, Philosophy and
core values of Dignity, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence and
- Performs Revenue Cycle functions in a manner that meets or
exceeds CHRISTUS Health key performance metrics.
- Ensures PFS departmental quality and productivity standards are
- Responsible for professional and effective written and verbal
communication with both internal and external customers in order to
resolve outstanding for account resolution.
- Manages and maintains patient and payor information to
facilitate account resolution.
- Responds to all types of account inquires through written,
verbal or electronic correspondence.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of all functions
within Revenue Cycle.
- Meets or exceeds customer expectations and requirements, and
gains customer trust and respect.
- Compliant with all CHRISTUS Health, payer and government
- Appropriately documents patient accounting host system or other
systems utilized by PFS in accordance with policy and
- Provides continuous updates and information to PFS Leadership
Team regarding errors, issues, and trends related to activities
affecting productivity, reimbursement, payment delays, and/or
- Completes requests for supporting documentation related to
account resolution, audits and other requests and ensures delivery
to appropriate party.
- Perform support services for departmental Associates such as
faxing of documents, copying, printing of forms, data entry and
- Performs mail retrieval, sorting, distribution and
inter-facility delivery duties for all Business Office
- Performs scanning and electronic upload of documents.
- Ensures all payments are retrieved and posted accurately and
timely, post lockbox monies, EFT/ACH monies, credit card payments,
and patient payments including JV entries for non patient
- Resolves submitted work queues for missing and/or unapplied
- Monitor and performs cash reconciliation to identify cash
posting errors and ensures all receipts are applied.
- Answers inbound calls to the department in a timely manner,
consistent with department and/or industry standard.
- Collects and provides patient and payor information to
facilitate account resolution.
- Responds to patient and insurance company complaints,
correspondence, inquiries and requests for information.
- Collects balance owing from third party payers in accordance
with state and federal laws governing collection practices. Ensures
that collection efforts are thorough with overall objectives being
to collect outstanding balance in an ethical manner.
- Complete Attorney requests for billing records and
- HS Diploma or equivalency required
- Post HS education preferred
- Prefers 2 years’ experience in a customer service or support in
a related field.
- General hospital A/R accounts knowledge is preferred.
- College education, previous Insurance Company claims experience
and/or health care billing trade school education may be considered
in lieu of formal hospital experience.
- Professional and effective written and verbal communication
Keywords: Christus Health, San Antonio , Patient Financial Representative - Commercial Biller, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!