Company: Harmony Public Schools
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 22, 2021
JOB GOALTo work with staff, students, parents, and community at
the campus to identify and support students that may need
additional services due to their social, emotional, and mental
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Texas School Counselor Certificate, Mental Health
Provider License, Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or
- Master's degree in Counseling (preferred)
- Experience in a K-12 school setting (preferred)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands and supports the mission, vision and values of
Harmony Public Schools.
- Assists in treatment planning for each child
- Conducts daily documentation
- Improves children's behavior through coping skills and other
- Conducts group and 1 on 1 counseling sessions
- Develops, implements, and evaluates a comprehensive counseling
and guidance program.
- Counsels individuals and small groups of students with
- Consults with parents, teachers, administrators, and other
relevant individuals to enhance their work with students.
- Uses an effective process for assisting students and others to
use special programs and services.
- Presents the school comprehensive guidance curriculum (Social
Emotional Learning (SEL), Character School, Restorative Practices,
- Assists teachers in the teaching of the school comprehensive
- Works with students on an individual basis in the solution of
personal problems related to home and family relationships, health
and emotional adjustment.
- Confers with parents whenever necessary.
- Assists in the orientation of new faculty members on school
wide behavior program.
- Provides in-service training in guidance for teachers and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in the identification and treatment of mental
- Ability to think in terms of population management, addressing
a large clientele in the most effective ways possible
- Knowledge of evidence-based behavioral assessments and
interventions relevant to medical conditions
- Ability to make quick and accurate clinical assessments
- Care-management skills and knowledge of local resources for
- Skill in targeted, brief psychotherapy and in running group
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral
forms with all levels of management, both internal and external to
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships both internal and external to the district.
- Ability to use computer including software, database used by
the district, spreadsheet and word processing software, calculator,
copy machine and telephone.
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to use effective interview techniques, effective public
speaking skills, and problem-solving skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Light Work: may require occasional light lifting.
- Nights and weekend activities will be occasionally
- Position is in office setting and may involve prolonged work at
a desk in one location.
- Moderate travel is required.
Keywords: Harmony Public Schools, San Antonio , Behavioral Counselor, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!