Company: Alpha Media
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Alpha Media has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer
with the nationally syndicated Markley, VanCamp, and Robbins show.
The ideal candidate will oversee the production of this daily show
for its 100+ markets. You will work closely with the show hosts as
well as Alpha Media and the syndication team. This position will be
based out of San Antonio, Texas but report to the Executive Vice
President of Content located in Portland. The ideal candidate must
possess an extremely good work ethic, be a self-starter who is
highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced
environment while being creative, skilled possess a collaborative
approach and is passionate about producing content for the show's
Alpha Media is a diverse multimedia company sharing your favorite
music, sports and news across a variety of platforms. Whether it's
on your phone, desktop, tablet, Alexa, Google Home or in your car,
our stations will enhance your journey. We hire and retain top
talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in
creating progressive products, world-class events, and building
strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media owns or operates
over 200 live broadcast radio stations and digital properties
covering all formats serving 44 markets across the United States.
In addition to our over-the-air broadcasts, Alpha audio products
can be heard across multiple platforms, including all major smart
devices. Strong relationships with our listeners and clients in the
communities where we live and work keep Alpha Media true to its
local-first heritage. .
- Contribute to the daily program to ensure we are serving our
local communities by sharing relevant information to grow our
- Gather audio and video, screen and prep callers, review scripts
and provide input to create powerful storytelling
- Handle breaking news situations for both the MVCR broadcast and
social media, hitting deadlines on time every time
- Collaborate with MVCR and other managers to create unique
segments that drive ratings and revenue
- Researches information, obtains materials and assists with
contacting and scheduling guests
- Monitors listener emails, inquiries, and responses related to
- Assists archiving show files, and post production
- May work the board for pre-recorded or live shows
You'll Need To Have:
- 5+ years of Mid-Major Market Radio Experience
- Exceptional digital audio editing skills
- General knowledge of radio newsroom software
- Must be flexible for hours, and to work weekends and holidays
- General computer and networking knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Previous on-air work is helpful
- Proven track record of creating compelling and engaging stories
across multiple platforms
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Ability to identify problems and provide solutions
- A strong commitment to journalistic standards and
- Strong understanding of how to drive digital traffic and
- Minimum of 5 years producing in a radio or television news
environment or equivalent
- A college degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred
but not required
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting
results on initiatives
- Be highly detail-oriented and ensure all outputs and project
touch-points reflect positively to internal and external
Things You'll Do:
- Develop estimates and working budgets that support the shows
needs while satisfying budgetary requirements
- Assist in identifying and securing appropriate guests and
- Create detailed schedules and communicate timeline
- Regularly provide status reports; communicate and address any
- Wear multiple hats: as a producer, line producer, production
manager, and project manager
- Manage multiple projects at one time
- Manage and supervise all aspects of MVCR video
- Establish and nurture positive relationships with outside
- Champion creative work with the ability to find solutions to
make great ideas happen within budget and an eye towards
- Use working knowledge of the post production process to ensure
timely delivery of the finished product to both on-air and smart
Alpha Media invests in people who invest in themselves and offers
employees a competitive package of health and welfare benefits.
- Employer sponsored medical, dental & vision insurance with a
variety of coverage options.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for full time and part time
employees as well as all household members at no cost.
- 401(k) with discretionary employer matching.
- Paid vacation, company holidays and a birthday day for you to
use during your birthday month.
- Alpha Cares - paid volunteer hours.
- Pet adoption subsidy
Alpha values Integrity, a Can Do Attitude, Passion,
Competitiveness, Creativity and embraces that work can be FUN. If
these qualities are important to you and you feel you check off the
qualities we are looking for, apply now and let's talk.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in
E-Verify.Click Here to learn more about E-Verify.
Keywords: Alpha Media, San Antonio , Executive Producer, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!